Chapter 19

"Omg what is this place?" This is beautiful! We're in a building, pretty far on top I would say and there are plants everywhere. It looks incredible. I turn around to Daniel who watches me carefully. "It's called Sky Garden. Pretty cool, huh?" I nod my head excitedly. Pretty cool is an understatement! We look around for a little and omg the view is amazing! I knew London was beautiful but seeing parts of it from up here makes it appear even more amazing. The sun is already beginning to set and the city is immersing in a beautiful color spectrum. "Hey Snowflake, I asked and they have a free table at the bar. Is it ok if you get home a little later today?" I nod more than excitedly. I'll shoot Marco and Julia a quick text once we sit down to let them know I'll be back later. They know I'm responsible so they won't mind. 

"What do you want?" I look up from the drinks menu cluelessly. "I don't know. You?" - "I'm thinking either Ginger Paloma or Big in Japan." I look back down at the menu to read over their ingredients quickly. "Mhm... they both sound really good. Why don't we get them and share?" Daniels eyes lighten up and a smile forms on his face. "I like the way you're thinking." I return his smile. While we wait for our drinks we talk about todays practice and I love how there is not a single sliver of weirdness between us anymore. I just really enjoy his company. It's like we've known each other since forever and not only since the beginning of this school year. There's something about him that causes me to feel good and happy whenever he's around. 

"So... you did talk to Patrick, didn't you?" He tries to sound casual, still sipping on his drink but I can tell he's being very careful. I take a sip of my drink, stalling a little. "Yeah... I did." Daniel nods. "How did he take it?" Why did he have to bring this up? It still feels weird talking to him about Patrick even though there's clearly nothing romantic between us. "Good... I guess. I mean it's not like I told him I don't wanna see him again. I'd just like to take smaller steps... figure out if I feel about him like that and vice versa." A smirk builds on Daniel's face. "Oh he definitely feels about you that way." I blush a little. "What makes you think that?" The smile on his face grows even wider. "Because A - I have eyes, B - he kept trying to inconspicuously ask about you and C - he's not blind." This last statement makes my heart skip a beat and my cheeks turn even redder. What does he mean he's not blind? I can't bring up the confidence to ask so I leave it at that. 

On the train back home I can't stop thinking about what Daniel said. He's not blind... did he imply that he thinks I'm pretty or am I seeing things? I won't get an answer anyways so I try to think about something else. How am I gonna proceed with that whole Patrick thing? I guess it would be great to get to hang out with him without the others being around because how else could I get to know him? I think that's the right thing to do so I reach for my phone and ask him if he would like to hang out with me tomorrow after practice. He replies right away and says he'd love to. With that settled my mind has time to return to Daniel, which I don't like at all. Why am I thinking about him so much? You shouldn't be thinking about your friends in that way! I really need to start keeping my thoughts in check. This isn't going to get me anywhere. 

Julia and Marco were really chilled about me coming back late. My mum wouldn't have been a big fan because she would have been worried school is gonna suffer from it but Julia and Marco trust me and I really appreciate that. I'm really lucky to have them as my host parents. 

When I wake up I walk over to my closet to decide what I could wear today. Yesterday it was really nice out so I decide to go for a cute light pink suede skirt and a black cropped shirt. I combine them with my black converse. The walk to the train is really short but I'm already starting to doubt my choice of clothing. This might be a really chilly day. Maybe I should have taken a jacket. Once I get to school I'm certain it was a really bad idea but I'll manage. I mean, I'm not completely freezing... it's just quit chilly. 

I sit down next to Daniel and he looks me up and down, raising an eyebrow. I roll my eyes. "I know. Poor choice of clothing." I sigh a little but he just laughs. "Well Snowflake... good thing your Sunshine is here to warm you up." I can't help but giggle at his little pun. He leans down and fumbles for something in his backpack. Then he holds it out to me. "Nah, for real though. I can't let you freeze. I need you as my Juliet." I look down at his hands and see a black hoodie. I smile at him thankfully and pull the hoodie over my head. He lifts his hand and brushes a strand of hair out of my face and behind my ear. My heartbeat speeds up way too much. "Better?" I nod a little. "Much better. Thank you." He puts on a smooth smile. "Always at your service M'Lady." I punch his arm playfully. "Hey! I just saved you from freezing to death and that's how you thank me?" I rub his arm right where I punched him. "Awww... I'm so sorry."