💙12💙

Johnny

"I still can't believe you actually dropped out of the band." Joey says, leaning against his locker that happens to be right next to mine.

When we all became high schoolers, we managed to convince the teachers to let us pick our lockers and so we all got ours next to each other.

I really regret that decision sometimes.

"Joey, I love you, but shut up." I tell him, shutting my bag in my locker. I usually don't use my locker since we are allowed to carry our bags around with us but during assemblies and plays and junk, our bags either stay in the classroom or in our lockers.

"Sorry, sorry. Just, kinda concerned. I would never imagine you to drop out of something like that. You usually stick it out for your friends. No matter what. We should know, we've been your friends for a couple years now." Joey explains, following me to the gym.

"Yeah, man." Markus pipes up. "Obviously, things happen so we're not trying to like, make fun of you but it's just weird for you. You've been really off lately so we're just concerned." Markus explains.

"I know. I'd just rather not get into it." I tell them, shoving my hand into my jean jacket pockets.

They're silent for a second.

"Alright..well. Will you at least tell us about this?" Joey asks, lightly grabbing my hair and playfully tugging at it.

"Pfft, what? Is it so hard to believe I want to change things up a little?" I ask them, turning to walk backwards. I sometimes feel bad when I remember how easy it is for me to lie to my friends when bad things happen, but it's very convenient for me so I try not to let my morals interfere with that.

"Considering you haven't cut it since middle school? Yes. It is very hard to believe." Joey says, ruffling it up.

"Hey! Hands off, now that it's short it gets messy way easier so watch the hands!" I exclaim, brushing his hand away, trying to shield my hair from his assault.

"See? Even better reason to do it more!" Markus tries it this time but I quickly bat his hand away.

"Stop!" I whined, laughing as I speed walked to the auditorium.

The large auditorium was already crowded with students trying to find a place to sit with their friends

"C'mon, let's get a seat before we get run over." I tell them, making sure not to wander off too far and get split. I wouldn't be in danger obviously but it'd still be slightly inconvenient.

"You mean before you get run over, shorty." Joey jokes, resting his elbow on my head.

"....I will sucker punch you in your goofy face if you don't get your nasty hands off of me, I swear to god." I threaten, smiling slightly at the way Markus laughs and shoves us both forward to a row of empty seats near the front. Not right up front since those were already taken but close enough.

Markus shoves us into the row of seats before sitting down on the outer seat.

I sit up higher in my chair to watch as everyone finds their seats, listening to all the sounds that come from the chattering students and scattered footsteps.

The student council is also up on the stage making sure the mics are on with the theater teacher who is at the back soundboard, adjusting the volume on the mic and checking for whatever else the talent show students would need.

I wonder if the Losers are gonna perform.

I feel a bit of guilt as I remember how I just left them behind like that. That really wasn't fair. They probably won't really want to talk to me after that.