♥️1♥️

Nico

I could hear myself groan as my back slammed back into the old, probably run down chain link fence. I honestly had no idea who’s house or who’s fence this was. I didn’t know anything right now, really. The image of the street sign flashed faintly in my mind, but I couldn’t recall what it said. I had stumbled over here in a total daze. I don’t think i’ve ever been in this situation before. When I get into fights, I don’t often lose. Or at least lose this badly. But, I guess when you go against a group of guys at least 2-4 years older than you with builds way bigger than yours, you’re bound to get beat at least a little. But, goddamn was I in pain.
On the night before homecoming of all days, too. How inconvenient.
You don’t really realize how much people don’t care until you find out the hard way.
    An example of “The hard way” would be getting ganged up on by a bunch of yee-yee looking football players after offending them with a simple joke. I guess some guys don’t take too kindly to small dick jokes but this was just...unfair.
    I examined the bruises on my knuckles as much as I possibly could in the dark with my blurred vision. My head is pounding and I can’t really keep my eyes focused for very long without it getting worse.
With another heavy groan and shaky limbs, I pushed myself away from the old, creaky fence and started to walk, er, waddle I guess, down the sidewalk, dizzily looking for another sign that might help me figure out where the hell I was. And hopefully not crash onto the concrete.
I grabbed onto any fence or mailbox I could to keep myself from falling. I hoped that maybe my headache would fade a bit and my vision would clear but that didn’t seem to be happening any time soon.
After what felt like hours, I felt my knees starting to give out on me.
Shit
I won’t make it home.  I made the dumb decision of walking to the school with some friends instead of driving. But, I guess that means I don’t have to worry about it being towed or damaged. I wouldn’t be able to drive it safely anyways.
I don’t think I could call anyone right now. My friends were probably still distracted by the game and knowing with that volume, they probably wouldn’t hear me call anyways. I also definitely couldn’t call my dad. He wouldn’t be a fan of that.
I looked up at the white house I was currently standing in front of. I could probably knock and see if maybe they could help me. Give me some water and a place to relax for a couple minutes before heading out.
Nah. It’s almost 11 it looks like no one is awake anyways.
I examined the house a bit more, trying to focus my vision.
It was a pretty nice house. Not a two story house or anything but it was nice. The fence had some type of leafy plant growing through the small spaces in the chain link as well as up a tall willow tree right beside it. It looked pretty old but still well taken care of. The people that lived here were probably older. It looks pretty small. Not a trailer house small though. It looked like a slightly upgraded trailer house. Maybe a good couple square feet bigger.

Square feet? Is that the right term? Am I so out of it I don’t know basic measurements.
After making that discovery I decided to say fuck the formalities and stumbled into the fence, carefully walking down the little pathway in front of the house. I reached the small set of steps and groaned as I slowly, almost pathetically wandered my way up it.
God, now I understand how older people feel.
After what felt like another hour, I leaned against the wall and knocked on the white door. It had a cool, oval shaped window in the middle of it with some sort of clear, stained glass print or whatever you call it.
I brushed my bruised fingers through my messy black hair to push it out of my face as I waited.
I worried they might not answer and I’d have to knock on another door. I didn’t want to look like a creep or weirdo or something knocking on random people’s doors in the middle of the night. Most people say I come off as intimidating which is good because that’s kind of the reason I dress and act the way I do, but that becomes a bit of a challenge when it  comes to situations like this where I need help.
I hesitated before knocking again.
“Yeah I’m coming hold up!” I heard a voice call through the door.
I leaned back from the wall when the door opened and felt my eyes widen a bit at the sight of who stood before me.
Oh shit
A pair of green-ish brown eyes looked up into mine, a strand of long brown hair momentarily obscuring the eye contact.
“Jesus. What the hell happened to you?” Johnny asked, pulling his hand away from the door frame and looking Nico up and down.
Johnny Rosales. Local “Go fuck yourself” gay. Probably the most aggressive yet calm looking person I’ve ever met. I would have assumed him to be shy based on the way he sits and stands and walks but when you see him angry it’s pretty shocking. He’s like a chihuahua which is quite fitting considering his race. You wouldn’t really expect him to be mexican based on how pale his skin is. Then again, most things you assume about mister Johnny Rosales over here is often incorrect.
“Hello,” He called to me, waving his hand in front of my face lightly.
Oh shit. Right. I forgot I knocked for a reason.
“Hey, a familiar face that’s convenient. So listen, I kinda need a place to vibe for a couple minutes because I actually feel like I might pass out on the road if I don’t sit for a minute so,” I said honestly. I really didn’t feel too up to making a joke about it. “Can I come in?” I finally asked.
He looked at me like I was crazy for a minute before opening his door further and grabbing my arm.
“Make sure to be quiet because my parents are sleeping.” He whispered as he helped me waddle inside, leaning my against the couch in the living room before shutting the door with very little noise. He really was as quiet as a mouse sometimes.
“What happened?” He asked, glancing back at me as I fell back onto the couch, resting my head in my hands for a moment, giving it a minute to stop spinning.
“Well, you know those kind of yee-yee boys we have at our school?” I asked, hoping he would understand my dumb terminology.
Note: Yee-yee basically is those types of people on straight tiktok. Very southern sounding and more often than not they’re homophobic, transphobic, racist, etc. Basically just shitty people. But, not everyone hears that terminology online so I try not to use it too much. Right now is not one of those times.
I heard him faintly scoff out a laugh.
“Yeah?” He said, waiting for me to continue. I couldn’t see him, but I could hear his footsteps faintly on the kitchen floor.
“Well, I may or may not have wandered off from my friends at the homecoming game, started jokingly flirting with some girls then when their boyfriends came around, they got pissed and me being me, I joked about it.” I admitted, keeping one hand over my eyes while the other loosely moved through the air to emphasize my words.
“Oh isn’t that a surprise,” He said sarcastically, his voice growing just a tiny bit louder as he got closer.
“So then what happened?” He asked.
Before I could continue, I felt a cold sensation on my face, making me jump back.
“Woah, chill. It’s literally just an ice pack. You look like you need it.” He chuckled, blowing a strand of his long, dark brown hair out of his face before pressing it to my bruised temple again. He even went the extra mile and grabbed my hand and pressed it against the pack so I would hold it myself.
With a chuckle and a subtle eye roll, I continued.
“Alright, well, basically they didn’t like that and were like,” I paused, adjusting my posture into a sort of odd slouch and slapped on a cheesy southern accent.
“Why don’t we take this out into the street?” I quoted, slightly cringing at how dumb it sounded quoting it back.
I heard a small disgusted groan from Johnny as he walked away again.
“Don’t ever use that accent again.” He deadpanned, throwing a small glance my way before entering the kitchen.
“What? I like my southern accent.” I teased, still speaking in it. I really didn’t. It sounded pretty awful and I was already getting annoyed with it, but I had to tease him a little.
“Anyways. I tried to tell them to chill and that it wasn’t that serious but, they didn’t listen.”
“When do they?” I heard Johnny mutter to himself, earning a snort from me.
“True. But yeah, we went out, I tried to call for my buddy Anthony and his sister to come help me out since this was 3 football players I was going against on my own. Even I knew I had no chance. But, ya know, shit happens and long story short, I wound up here.” I hummed, shrugging as I leaned back against the brown couch.
“Why were there football players kicking your ass anyways? It was a football game, right?” Johnny asked, walking over again.
“Yeah. They probably got dropped from the game because of low grades or something. You know how it is.” I hummed. He probably didn’t know actually. Johnny wasn’t a jock. Not in the slightest. But, he was pretty smart so he probably had at least an idea.
He hummed in response before lightly slapping my shoulder, grabbing my attention.
“Here.” He said, handing my two small pills and a water bottle.
I raised an eyebrow at him.
“They’re pain killers, chill. I’m not trying to kill you.” He clarified, rolling his eyes lightly.
“That’s shocking. I thought maybe you were trying to take advantage of me in my weakened state.” I teased, smirking at the way his eyebrows narrowed a bit before tossing the pills in my mouth and downing them with a big gulp of water.
“In your dreams.” He groaned, leaning forward a bit and looking over my bruised face.
“Jeez. They really kicked your ass.” He stated, a faint wincing expression on his face as he looked over all the red and purple blotches on my face.
“You got a little cut up too.” He pointed out, pushing my hair out of my face.
“Woah, are we about to kiss right now?” I joked, smirking at the deadpanned stare he gave me before very lightly tapping my cheek. It wouldn’t have hurt under normal circumstances. But, with all the bruising and the small scratches there, it made my whole body flinch.
“Ow” I muttered, glaring at him momentarily.
“Don’t test me. I may be helping you out right now, but that doesn’t change the fact that we don’t like each other.” He scoffs, pushing himself away from the couch.
“Keep icing your bruises, I’ll probably have to get you more but we’ll worry about that when the time comes. I’ll be back.” He stated before turning and walking down the hall, his feet very quietly patting across the carpet floor. He flicks on a light in a random room and slips in silently. I can faintly hear him rummaging around for something.
I sigh and take a minute to lay my head back against the couch.
A faint buzzing sound came from my jacket pocket, sending small vibrations through my side.
I groaned as I dug my hand into my pocket and checked the name tag.
Redhead v2 (aka Anthony)
I took a deep breath before answering.
“Wassup.” I hummed into the phone.
“Nico? Ayo, where’d you go?” I heard Ray’s bold voice calling through the phone. I could imagine her hanging over Avery’s shoulder as she spoke into her brother’s phone.
“Oh you know, just hanging around.” I hummed, shifting the ice pack down to my cheekbone.
“Dude. What the hell happened? You wandered off to get a soda or something and you never came back. Ray was gonna go look for you and she couldn’t find you anywhere. You didn’t dip on us, did you?” Anthony’s much calmer voice spoke into the speaker.
I could tell they weren’t in the bleachers anymore. If they were, the cheering and band music would be way louder.
“Nah. I just got into a bit of a pickle and needed to wander off for a bit.” I said, glancing down the hall as Johnny came walking back into the living room. He seemed to notice that I was on the phone before he stayed silent as he walked over.
“Dude, what happened?” Avery asked, her spanish accent faintly slipping into her words as she bluntly spoke. Avery was probably the most blunt out of all of us.
“Well, basically, moral of the story, don’t tell the country football boys that they have a small dick. It won’t end well.” He states, smirking at the small eye roll Johnny gives, a small breath of a laughing coming from his nose.
“Oh my god, you seriously got your ass kicked at a place like this?!” Anthony asked, his voice instantly showing his concern.
Considering the fact that Ray and Anthony are twins, there’s definitely a huge difference between their personalities. Anthony is scary and big and strong from boxing with his sister for years, however, Anthony isn’t really a fighter. He knows how to, but he really doesn’t like it. He’s more of a peacekeeper in our friend group. He is the chillest one  in our little ‘clique.’ Anthony isn’t flirty like the rest of us really. He acts almost like a middle school girl with a crush on Nick Jonas. Nothing wrong with that, of course! It’s just not something you’d expect.
Ray on the other hand, is way louder and more playful and aggressive. She loves to play-fight and occasionally starts real fights when she’s angry. She’s very loud and funny and just about as obnoxious as me. That’s probably why we get along so well.
It’s pretty impressive how well the two get along considering how different they are from each other. They look so similar with the same kinky, curly hair and dark skin. Those green eyes and their strong builds. They’re probably the most attractive set of twins you’d ever meet.
“Yeah. They dragged me out to the street and ganged up on me. When I say I’m into gangbangs, I didn’t mean it like that.” I stated, smiling as I heard Ray bark out a laugh in the background.
I could faintly hear Anthony groaning in annoyance at my terrible humor.
“Neeks, where are you?” Avery asked.
“Well, actually-” I cut myself off with a small yelp as I felt a sting on my hands.
“Shhh,” Johnny shushed me, giving me a small glare. “Jeez you’re so loud sometimes.” He rolls his eyes. “I’m cleaning up your hands since they’re all cut up if you hadn’t noticed. “ Johnny states.
“You could have given me a heads up!” I whisper-yelled.
“I would have, but you were on the phone and I was trying to be polite, thank you very much. Besides, I thought you were tough enough to handle a little disinfectant.” He teased, smirking up at me.
“Oh don’t smirk at me like that you little asshole. I know you’re doing this just to hurt me.” I glared down at him.
He was silent for a moment, looking up as if he was thinking before casually shrugging.
“Maybe.” He said before pressing the disinfectant covered towel to my knuckles again, making me wince.
“Woah, what was that about?” I heard Avery’s voice through the speaker.
“Nothing. I just got a cute boy patching me up right now.” I smirked, muttering a small “ouch” when Johnny punched my leg.
“Ooooo who?” Ray instantly pressed for answers.
“Okay, you know what, that doesn’t matter right now. Do you need a ride?” Anthony asked.
“Nah, hopefully I’ll be alright. Besides, you don’t even have your car.”
“Well, true. But still. We’ll go back and get it if you need a ride, you know.” He says.
“God Anthony you’re too nice. If you keep it up I might have to fall in love with you.” I teased, chuckling at the sound of laughter from Ray and Avery. I could only imagine how much Anthony was blushing. I knew Anthony didn’t have feelings for me. He had feelings for some little art kid at our school. But, even though he isn’t into me, Anthony gets flustered when people flirt with him so I try to take advantage of that sometimes.
I felt another sting as Johnny moved the towel up to a couple small cuts and scratches on the palms of my hands when I got thrown down to the hard pavement.
“Okay well I’ll let you guys go. Go enjoy the game or whatever if it’s still going on. Don’t worry about me. I’m in good hands….I hope.” I joked, letting out yet another “ow” as Johnny hit my thigh.
“Alright, well. Call us back if you need anything.” Anthony said.
“Will do, Red 2.”
“Love ya!” Ray called.
“Yeah, Yeah. I’ll call you guys later or something.” With that, I pulled my phone away from my ear and hung up.
“Finally.” Johnny said, grabbing my now free hand and starting to clean up the cuts and scratches there, earning another wince from me.
“Jeez, could you be any rougher?” I asked.
“Listen, I’m trying to be as gentle as possible but I’m trying to get these clean, aight?” He said, lifting his head to look up at me. He raised an eyebrow to sort of push his argument before continuing to clean up my hands.
“Do we really need to do this? It probably wasn’t even that bad.” I said, lightly tensing at the sting from the alcohol.
“Oh believe me, better safe than sorry. The streets out there are so dusty and gross. You don’t want to risk any gross infection. Besides, I may or may not like putting you through a little pain for disturbing me this late at night.” He smirks, throwing me a small wink.
“Wow. How romantic.” I deadpanned, unable to hold back a smile as he chuckles.
He leans up after cleaning my hands and gently starts to clean the cuts on my cheekbone.
For the first time since I walked in, the living room is filled with silence. The only sound is the small clicking that comes from Johnny as he clicks his tongue to occupy the silence, I assume.
After a couple moments, he makes eye contact with me for a moment before focusing on the scrapes on my face again.
“How are your bruises feeling?” he asked, folding the towel a different way so he had a cleaner side before continuing to clean up the scrapes on my jaw.
“Better surprisingly. My hand is kinda numb though.” I chuckled.
Johnny gave a faint smile at that but stayed silent.
He probably didn’t take much longer before finishing up my face, but within a short amount of time, I had started to drift off I guess.
“Alright sleepyhead, you look ready to fall over. You got any other injuries I need to worry about?” He asked, tilting his head and resting his elbows on his knees.
I was silent for a moment as I thought about it.
“My knees are pretty scraped up but I think they’ll be fine.” I hummed, lightly stretching my arms above my head, groaning at the small ache in my side and stomach.
Johnny nods before standing up, tossing the towel onto the nearby desk.
“Alright, c’mon.” he said, reaching his hands and grasping onto my forearms. “Up you go.” He grunted, leaning back to pull me up off the couch.
My head started to spin a little again but it definitely was an upgrade from how it was earlier.
Johnny lightly nudged my forward, pulling me down the hall before turning me towards an open door.
I examined the room as we entered.
The walls were a basic cream color but were covered in pictures and posters and newspaper clippings. Shelves decorated with more photographs, small trinkets, and other bits of memorabilia also decorated the walls.
The bed had tons of pillows and a dark blue comforter. It definitely looked bigger than one teen needed but, who would complain about that.
Two pride flags also hung up on the wall above the bed. A rainbow one and the MLM one. It definitely stood out against the more cool toned room, but still seemed fitting.
A grey dresser sat at the corner of the room covered in even more photos and trinkets. There were a couple sets there holding bracelets, necklaces, and chains on the dresser along with a pair of glasses and some contact cases.
The room, although filled with stuff, was surprisingly pretty clean. The only thing really out of place was the combat boots tossed half-hazardly besides the bed, the bag leaned against the bedside table and the bright blue guitar leaning against the side of the bed.
Johnny nudged me forward, letting me collapse into the bed.
“Wow. First night I’m in your house and you’re already getting me into bed? Pretty rushed if you ask me.” I joked, stretching and popping my spine as he scoffed.
“Oh please. I would have tossed you into the guest room but it’s currently kind of a mess and if I left you on the couch, my dad would have flipped.” He chuckles.
“You know, you flirt with guys way more than I would imagine a straight guy to.” Johnny chuckles, blowing a strand of hair out of his face as he tugged down his loose black t-shirt over his blue sweatpants.
I didn’t say anything to that. I wasn’t sure what to say. I wasn’t gonna out myself as a closested bisexual to someone who didn’t like me and I also wasn’t just gonna say
“Oh yeah. Straight. Definitely straight, bro. Women am I right?” Nah. No way. Not doing that.
“Anyways. I’m gonna go clean up all the stuff I pulled out and you can get some sleep. Try not to invade my side of the bed, please.” he rolls his eyes before turning away.
I go to make a joke but he turns back and glares before I could finish.
“You make another joke about us sleeping together and I’ll throw you out again.” he threatens before exiting the room.
I let the joke die before it could even fly as I watch him leave.
I slide off my heavy combat boots and black leather jacket onto the floor before stretching out onto Johnny’s bed.
My eyes focused on the ceiling as I let myself relax a bit. Upon further examination, I spotted the glow in the dark stickers on the ceiling that brightly shone in the faint blue LED lights coming from Johnny’s lamp. It was pretty faint so it didn’t distract me as my eyes slowly shut.
My body still aches and I still felt dizzy, but the star stickers that were practically identical to my own made me feel a bit more at ease.
I could faintly hear Johnny enter the room again, but I was already fast asleep before he could say anything.