♥️5♥️

Nico

    Here we go.
    “Jeez. Whoever zoomed past us in that silver Pontiac, your mom’s a hoe.” I hear Avery jokingly mutter behind me to Ray, causing the latter to laugh.
    “For real. Who the hell was that?” I asked, adjusting my red vest over my black button down, trying to straighten it out as much as possible.
    “Eh who cares? C’mon let’s get inside!” Ray cheered, grabbing onto Avery’s hand and rushing inside. From the short distance you can hear Avery rambling over her inability to run in heels and trying to get the red haired girl to slow down.
    With a glance at Anthony and a shrug, we chased after them.
    The run was short since we weren’t parked too far away from the school doors so not a sweat was broken, thank god. I try to look nice and then they make me run? What the hell?
    The thought makes me chuckle to myself before I slow to a stop beside the girls as they laugh and throw open the school doors.
    I glance over as I see that same silver pontiac park nearby.
    A trio of boys hop out of the car, all bubbling with laughter as they stumble out of the car and onto the sidewalk.
    The tall one tosses his keys up into the air while the shortest one hops up and catches them before he can. They’re all talking over each other so you can barely tell what they’re saying, but it is entertaining nonetheless.
    That trio is pretty easy to recognize. Markus, Joey and Johnny. Even though ⅔ of them aren’t really popular, you can recognize that crew anywhere. They’re sort of known as the weirdest group of friends.
    We all know those friend groups are just spilling with diversity. Usually though, those groups are filled with sort of outcast kids, making it so no one really knows who they are. However, this specific trio stands out in their own ways.
    Markus is one of our top soccer players. He’s also very openly bisexual which some people admire and some people hate.
    Joey is pretty much the smartest kid in our school. He’s in all honors classes and constantly goes to speech and debate competitions. He actually helped get our school to nationals. He’s a genius, but he’s also got the attitude to match a teen girl.
    Then there’s Johnny. Can’t say much else about him that I haven’t already said.
    “Nico!” Anthony calls from inside, catching my eyes as he leans out from the hall. “You coming, man?”
    “Yeah yeah, I’m coming.” I call, lightly chuckling as I rush inside after him, adjusting my vest once again as we enter the large gymnasium.
    The large room is already filled with people. Colorful suits and button downs, skirts and hair decorations fill the room with color. However, all the colors are sort of vaguely tinted a darker color from the cool toned party lights flying around the room.
    There’s signs hung up around the walls saying “Homecoming 2020!” along with tons of streamers and balloons.
    Our school may be fairly small, but they get the job done when it comes to dances and celebrations.
    Loud early-2000’s music bounced around the large gym. Girls and guys happily danced around within their friends groups along to the music they probably grew up on. Some kids still spilled in from the halls or slipped back out into them to get a break from the crowded room. It was a bit overwhelming but not in a totally bad way. For people who like the crowds and the energy of dances and parties, this place was perfect. For people who are claustrophobic however, it’s probably better to stay out in the halls and just vibe.
    “Wow! Really outdid themselves this year.” Ray chuckles.
    “You think so? I’m pretty sure this is not much different than last year. The theme is just different.” Avery says, chuckling when her best friend nudged her with her elbow.
    “Hey don’t discredit the student council like that.” She laughs.
    “Hey! I ain’t discrediting shit, I’m just saying.”
    “Language, Avery!” I playfully scold, smirking at the glare she throws at me before focusing on her friend again.
    “Cmon, let’s go dance! We don’t waste time just standing around like this!” Ray cheerfully says, grabbing her friend's slim hands again and dragging her out to the dance floor again, earning a couple protests but they all fall upon deaf ears.
    Anthony and I just followed along as usual.

    ~~~~~~