💙12.5💙

Johnny

I hummed as I walked down the street with Nico that night, a bag filled with munchies in my hand.

"I can't believe you're still indulging my midnight munchies." I say to Nico as I lightly bump into him.

"I can't believe you use that word." He laughs. "'I've only heard stoners use that word." He laughs at me, his slushie lightly sloshing around in the cup as he bumps into me in return.

"Bold of you to assume I'm not a stoner." I say, glancing over to see his reaction.

He immediately turns his head to look at me, sending me a doubtful stare.

It doesn't take long for me to crack under his gaze.

"Yeah, ok you're right, I'm not a stoner. But! I have still smoked weed before. Not too often, but I have."

"Really?" He asks, evidently still doubtful.

"Yes, actually. Joey and Markus got me high one time." I tell him, taking a sip of my own slushie.

He pauses.

"They're stoners?" He asks me, seemingly more shocked about them smoking than me.

"Yeah. They've been stoners since like. Summer before Freshman year." I tell him.

"...That makes a lot of sense actually." He laughs. "Alright well what kind of smoker are you?" He asks me, lightly nudging me with his elbow.

"Hmm. Not completely sure. Joey and Markus said I get really spacey, like more so than usual but i'm also a giggly type. Not sure I trust their judgment though. Neither of them were sober those nights I did get high."

"So, was it just not your thing or?" He asked, sounding genuinely interested this time.

I lightly chuckled and inhaled slowly.

"It's kinda stupid, so be warned. Don't laugh too much." I told him.

He doesn't say anything. He just waits for me to continue.

"So, I did actually like the feeling. It felt pretty great. However, due to sensory reasons, I couldn't stand the way the texture looked before it was rolled and I also couldn't stand the smell." I admit.

He lightly snorts and raises an eyebrow at me.

"Really? You manage to avoid becoming a stoner because you're snobby and don't like the smell?" He chuckles.

I give him an offended look before scoffing.

"Firstly, I don't think you're using snobby correctly and second, I'm neurodivergent, asshole, don't judge me." I laughed.

Nico laughed and wrapped his arm around my shoulders, pulling me closer as we continued to walk together. We weren't exactly going anywhere. We were just kinda walking just because.

He feels warm, a nice change from the cool air outside.

The warmth, although very nice and comforting, reminds me of something I've been needing to say.

"Uhm, by the way," I start, lightly pulling away from his grasp, feeling odd being held while I try to talk about this. "I'm really sorry about the things I've said and done to you recently." I say, fiddling with a gummy worm I pulled out of my candy bag. "Especially what I said at our last band practice. That was fucked up of me. Like majorly fucked up." I chuckle lightly before focusing on the candy in my hands again, as if the mix of red and blue colors was the most interesting thing in the world.

"I just got defensive and scared and I took it out on you. There's literally nothing wrong with you being closeted or with you being bisexual or anything like that. I just wanted to hurt you like you hurt me even though that pain was mostly caused by my own head so. Ya know. No real reason either way. Anyways, I hope you know I would never actually do anything like that. I was just being an asshole. I shouldn't have done that. I'm really sorry." I finally finish, looking up at him to say it to his face, wanting to show how genuine I am.

Nico stops walking and looks down at me.

"Wow okay." He chuckles, seemingly shocked.

Ouch. I apologize and that's surprising? I really gotta fix up my brand on being a shitty person.

"It's totally okay. I think I knew deep down that you wouldn't so it didn't really scare me. It just sucked because I could tell you really weren't happy with me." He says, laughing to show how much of an understatement that was before taking a sip of his slushie.

"Seriously though, it's okay. It sucked in the moment but I really wasn't all that worried about it." He says, gently grabbing my hand.

I feel like I shouldn't believe that but I'll agree for now.

I look down at our hands, smiling at just how gently he holds mine.

"Thanks. I feel bad that you forgave me so quickly but I definitely appreciate it." I hum, giving his hand a small squeeze.

"I'm also sorry for snapping at you and ignoring you after you helped me. That was super cool of you and yet I had to be an asshole." I suddenly start rambling, now remembering all the things I have to apologize for. "And I'm sorry for questioning you in our English class and for kissing you without permission at the dance and then getting mad when you didn't wanna kiss me back and-" I wasn't surprised when Nico cut me off since I was talking a little too much. I was surprised however, to realize that he cut me off with a kiss.

His lips are much colder than mine because of the icy drink he's been drinking for the past 10 minutes but they still make me feel warm.

He pulls away and smiles at me.

"It's fine. Really. I forgive you." He smiles at me, carefully brushing hair out of my face before continuing to walk, pulling me with him.

"Okay." I quietly squeak out, my heart pounding violently in my ears and in my fingertips.

The rest of the walk is moderately quiet, but I don't mind. I could walk with him in silence for the rest of the night as long as I got to keep holding his hand.