iii.

𝗶𝗶𝗶.

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

Caspian and Evangeline are walking through the woods, this section being full of ferns. Evangeline took big steps as she clears branches, trying not to trip. Caspian had been silent, probably waiting for the right moment to say 'I told you so', that's what Evangeline was thinking. to herself. It wouldn't be long before she got the smug talk from him. The two walk onward a little father until Caspian stops and sighs.

"What is it?" Evangeline asks.

"I can hear you," Caspian states, ignoring Evangeline.

The pair turn around to see the two Narnian's, Trufflehunter and Nikabrik, reveal themselves from behind two trees. Nikabrik looks at the duo and hides back behind his tree.

"I just think we should wait for the kings and queens," Trufflehunter admits walking into the green.

Caspian looks to the badger then to Evangeline and continues to walk through the ferns.

"Fine, go then! See if the others will be as understanding." Trufflehunter calls after them.

"Or maybe I‟ll come with you. I want to see you explain things to the minotaurs." Nikabrik says as he follows them.

Caspian halts again, looking to Nikabrik behind him. His face is hard from thought.

"Minotaurs......they're real?" Caspian questions.

"And very bad-tempered," Trufflehunter notes.

"Yeah, not to mention big," Nikabrik adds.

"Huge," Trufflehunter remember.

"What about centaurs? Do they still exist?" Caspian inquires, now fascinated by the childhood stories coming alive.

"Well, the centaurs will probably fight on your side. But there‟s no telling what the others will do." Trufflehunter theorizes.

"What about Aslan?" Caspian queries.

"You've got to be kidding me." Evangeline rolls her eyes.

Nikabrik and Trufflehunter stop and look at each other. Their eyes are full of concern and questions.

"How do you know so much about us?" Nikabrik looks at Caspian.

"Stories." Caspian deadpans.

"Wait a minute... Your father told you stories about Narnia?" Trufflehunter says surprisingly.

"No, my professor... Listen, I am sorry. These are not the kinds of questions you should be asking." Caspian walks off.

Trufflehunter sniffs the air.