vi.

𝘃𝗶.

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

Evangeline sits on the flat rock as Edmund finishes stitching her side and bandaging her arm. He refuses to look at her the whole time as if she is a naughty child that he has to scold. He is angry, no, upset at her and she can't for the life of her understand why. She does think this is kind of him, wherever he and his siblings came from must be nice. She thinks about it for a minute.

"Edmund?" She tries to catch his eye line.

"Uh-huh?" He mumbles still stitching.

"Where did you go, all those years ago, when you left Narnia?" She questions.

"You mean when we abandoned it?" He scoffs slightly.

"No, I mean disappeared, I just assume you left. The stories, they couldn't find any of you anywhere in the land." Evangeline recalls the stories Caspian harassed her with growing up.

"We went back to Finchley." He admits.

"Finchley? Is that close to here?" She asks, genuinely not being able to recall a Finchley.

"You could say that." He lets out a chuckle.

"So you guys did leave then?"

"Not on purpose." He finally meets her eye line.

"How come you didn't come back till now, and how have you stayed so young, it's like you've aged backwards, in the stories you were grown men and women." Evangeline studies his youthful features

"We didn't know how to get back, we got lost," He lifts down her shirt, "If I had known how bad it would get for the Narnian's, I would've tried harder to get back." He helps her stand looking at the intrigued girl.

"As for the age thing, I left here and I was a King, with years of experience in battle and negotiation but I return and I'm a year older than I was when I first arrived in Narnia, and the Prince of Telmar is older than me, and well, his cousin, maybe it's a good thing we're closer in age."

"You are a lot different than I thought you would be," Evangeline admits.

"And what did you think I'd be? Less Handsome?" He quirks an eyebrow.

"Firstly, not a real person, and secondly, immature." She smiles at him as she walks off running into Peter and Trumpkin who are headed Edmund's way.

"Evangeline..." Peter tries to stop the girl.

"No Peter, I don't want to hear it right now. I think if you have any sense left in you, you'll listen to your sister." She says walking off to find Caspian.

"Give her time Pete." She could hear Edmund tell his brother.

Evangeline walks further into the back of the How and can hear voices down in the Stone Table room. She walks to the stairs but she doesn't recognize the woman's voice. It is strained, unlike Susan and Lucy's, and she sounds older. Evangeline starts to walk down the stairs seeing Caspian, Nikabrik and two other figures.