vii.

𝘃𝗶𝗶.

꧁꧂

꧁꧂

Caspian is with Susan and Lucy as they prepared to go into the forest. Evangeline had a word with both of them beforehand with Peter, Edmund and Trumpkin. Peter is readying himself for his battle with Miraz. Edmund and Evangeline are checking equipment and armour. As Evangeline pulls her vambraces onto her forearm Edmund can't help but scoff.

"What?" Evangeline looks at him.

"I still don't think you should be out there, you're still injured." He states.

"I'll be fine." She waves off the suggestion.

Edmund walks up to her and pushes her vambrace further up her arm.

"Make sure of that." He walks off.

Evangeline rolls her eyes at the youngest King of Narnia. She grabs her bow and quiver, strapping it to her waist and meets Glenstorm to walk out to the battlefield. They take their places on either side of the stone pillars. Soon Miraz and his Marshal's, Glozelle, Sopespian and Gregoire, join Evangeline, Glenstorm, Wimbleweather and Bultitude and stand on the other side of the open area. Glozelle looks to Evangeline and she walks up to him.

"Lady Evangeline, your father has proposed. You may return to the Telmarine's and your crimes will be forgiven." Glozelle informs her nervously.

"My crimes? MY crimes! He can't be serious, he's a murdering tyrant who is willing to kill his blood for a crown." Evangeline spits.

"I know," Glozelle's eyes widen with his shock, "Your highness doesn't want to cause anymore familiar bloodshed. He's willing to forgive you, your name will be cleared, you won't be a traitor to the crown anymore."

"I'd rather be a traitor than a murderer," Evangeline notes.

"Ah but princess, if you go ahead with this, that's exactly what you'll become." Sopespian sneaks up from behind Glozelle.

"If that's what it takes to have the Narnian's freedom, I would give my life." She lunges at the man.

"You are much too noble and far too angry to be a good Queen." Sopespian laughs walking, away.

"So you reject your father's offer?" Glozelle looks sadly at the lady.

"I am, and not only is it ridiculous but Glozelle you were more of a father to me than Miraz was." Evangeline smiles sadly.

"I was always quite fond of you, yes, but this is war and I can't have my paternal emotions over you be in the way." He put out a hand.

"Good luck Glozelle." Evangeline shakes his hand.

"And you too, Lady Evangeline."

As the pair returns to their respective sides, Glenstorm looking at the girl who gives him a reassuring look, the crowd of Narnian's start to yell excitedly. Evangeline turns her head to see Peter, with Edmund following closely behind him, walking out of the entrance to Aslan's How. Peter has his helmet at the ready, with his sword with Edmund and shield in his hand. Evangeline bows to the High King as he takes his place under the arches. Edmund holds out the sword and Peter draws it easily. Edmund places the scabbard by the pillar Evangeline is beside. Miraz puts on his helmet which also covers his face with a man's face who wears a goatee. Gregoire, much like Edmund, holds out Miraz's sword which Miraz draws. The two men walk into the middle circling each other.