003

❝MECHANICAL GENIUS❞

MECHANICAL GENIUS

how long canyou chase a dreamuntil it becomesa nightmare

how long can
you chase a dream
until it becomes
a nightmare

M/n, at the tender age of 9, was a hard pill to swallow.

Somehow, his aspirations became higher and his devotion became clearer than the day. The way he collected particles in the outskirts of the internment zone near Annie's home was enough to deduce he was quite serious in his odd hobby.

Today was not any different.

Inside an old abandoned house, M/n was there once more— rummaging through crates with discarded appliances that contained parts he deemed to be valuable.

Leaning by the doorway was, surprising as usual, Annie Leonhart. With her arms crossed loosely against her chest and her hair covering half of her face; she held a rather passive expression while looking over their leader's peculiar little brother.

"It just keeps getting better and better!" The blonde haired boy exclaimed in utter bliss, holding out what looks like to be junk. Just in the form of interestingly-shaped metal parts. "You see this, Annie? This will reshape the entire world!" He was basically sticking it right into her face.

Clicking her tongue, she easily pushed his intruding hand away with the back of her palm.

"Don't be stupid." Was her bland reply.

Weekends like this became more natural. With his desperate need to look for parts without rummaging through the streets of his home like a sinful rat— he decided to switch his source into the distant area that Annie lived in; which just happened to be filled with old unoccupied houses since the previous neighbors probably died after being used as scapegoats in war.

It was also better this way, M/n believed. His grandparents would never have to face the shame of the fact that their youngest grandchild was picking trash on the side like some street urchin.

"You're really doubting me, aren't you?" The young boy pouted subtly, his eyes showing such emotion as they stared right back at her emotionless ones.

When placed together, his looked significantly brighter than hers. So full of emotions, the natural sense of conviction, the very essence of being alive— it could all be drawn in his green eyes, ones that reminded Annie awfully too much of a certain older Warrior.