006

❝MECHANICAL GENIUS❞

MECHANICAL GENIUS

do the endjustify the meansor is that just anexcuse to make usfeel comfortablein our own skin?

do the end
justify the means
or is that just an
excuse to make us
feel comfortable
in our own skin?

M/n hadn't left his comfort zone for the past few weeks after the little ordeal with Reiner.

He opted to stay home lately (much to the joy of his brother), and he began helping around the house more to assist his visibly aging grandparents.

On silent nights filled with Zeke's light snoring, he would stare at the ceiling of their shared bedroom and simply think. Most of the time, Reiner's words struck him and rang clearly through his mind. Sometimes, it was the belittling of his own grandparents to his. . . Less ideal hobbies.

He knows they mean well but it didn't diminish the fact that it still hurts to know he didn't have their support.

At the end, his mind would always reflect back to Reiner Braun and his desperate hazel eyes.

He never really took into account how humiliated the boy may have felt, to be ganged upon by his own peers and be proven further into the wrong when it was pointed out it was the boy he hated that defended him. . . M/n should have known and taken another approach.

In the end, it was still the same story. M/n could never really blame Reiner.

Perhaps it reminded him too much of what Eldians are like confined inside the internment zone, encouraged by their own family to lay their lives on the line for the very Government that brought them all their sufferings.

Inside the zone, they are all victims. And that's why M/n couldn't bring himself to hate Reiner.

And if hating M/n made Reiner feel better about himself, then he saw no issue. Hate could only run so deep.

Perhaps he felt too bad for the boy for whenever his mind flashes back to those hazel eyes that looked at him with misguided anger- he could only feel the familiar squeeze in his throat.