005

❝MECHANICAL GENIUS❞

❝MECHANICAL GENIUS❞

and when youare all alone indarkness, whosename do theywhisper?

and when you
are all alone in
darkness, whose
name do they
whisper?

After previous events of successfully leaving the gates without a permission slip, M/n wisely kept his mouth shut and spoke to no one about it. Burying it in depths of his mind as he goes about his day.

It has been weeks, actually. He feeling pretty confident to have never been caught.

Today, Zeke processed him a slip just so that he would be there to witness the climax of their training. Zeke awarded him that much for being such a 'behaved' boy after not being seen anywhere near pubs again.

Little did he know M/n took his endeavors some place else.

M/n witnessed the training that the Warriors Candidates had to endure. It wasn't his first time, to say the least. He has visited occasionally, sometimes accompanied by one of the other Warrior Candidates' family members.

Sometimes it was Annie's father, most days it was the Galliards, and very rarely— it was Karina Braun.

Which had been ironic at most.

For one, he never really used to be close with Annie enough and yet her father still offered to accompany him just to see his big brother in action; somewhat encouraged by the genuine glint in his eyes, as everyone around him was. That was back when he was a little more younger, of course.

Back when he spewed more nonsense openly.

The Galliards were close to family, M/n considered. Being good friends with Marcel and being somewhat neighbors, the Galliards simply watched him grow. Since his grandparents were quite the civil people, they had some connections with their neighbors too.

And then, Karina Braun.

M/n never quite understood it himself. Especially when he never really got along with her son. Her son seemed determined to hate him with a burning passion, reasons unknown to him.

Reiner used to attend the same school he does, they've seen each other on more than multiple occasions way before the program started. M/n thinks that Reiner never really recognized him.