6

i eventually fell asleep, but woke up hearing the sound of a voice calling my name. it wasn't yohan's and i opened to see jeno's worried face close to mines.

"you were crying."

"geez, i wonder why."

i rolled my eyes, wiping my tears and laying back in bed, forcing my eyes shut. i could hear him sigh and then he left the room. i sobbed even harder after he left, i was terrified yet knowing he wouldn't hurt me was calming.

jaemin, you're so stupid to think that, i hate this stupid head of mines but why, just why do i crave his touch.

i stopped breathing and realized what i had thought, something is wrong with me. i want to go back home.

haechan perspective

we finally found an apartment that suited us and of course wasn't in the area, going back to get jaemin i was giddy.

"nana! we found one!"

i yelled, bursting into the apartment, but i didn't see him. i quickly checked every room but he wasn't there, he was gone again.

i fell to the ground and sobbed, my heart clenching, and i was feeling like a lost mom who had just lost her child. nanak i'm so sorry, i failed you, again.

mark comforting me as i cried into his arms, we called the police and they searched the house for any possible clues. we were escorted out of the apartment, as i leaned into mark. he rubbed my side and i couldn't even imagine what was happening to him.

"it'll be okay."

mark said and i could only hope.

jaemin-ah, please be okay.

-time skip-

i dialed yohan, nervously biting my nails as waiting for him to pick up.

"hey, what's up?"

"jeno has jaemin again."

i said it because i knew i would hold back, there was silence on the other hand and then i heard him again.

"that has to be a joke, right?"

he said a small laugh, coming from him as well. i didn't respond.

"it's a joke, right?"

his voice cracked at the end and i took a deep breath, a small tear rolling down my cheek.

"i'm sorry, yohan, it's all my fau-"

"don't blame yourself, no matter how hard we try, jeno will always get his way."

there was a small pause and then he spoke again.

"we'll get him back soon. i'll be in the new apartment, tomorrow or after tomorrow."

we talked for a few minutes before the call ended and i sat in the kitchen, putting my head against the table.

"injun-ah, watch him while we do our best to get him back, okay?"

i raised my head, clasping my hands together and letting out a shaky breath. mark came back with some other food and he gave me a light smile. he set it down and hugged me as i let out yet another bottled up cry.

"what if we n-never find him?"

i cried out as he could only rub my back and push my hair back.

"we will, just hold on a bit and he'll be back, i know it's hard, but it's the only thing we can do at the moment. let your emotions out, i'll be here for you every step of the way."

he hugged me tighter and i had stopped crying, letting out a small sigh.

"thanks, mark."

"it's nothing. let's eat?"

he asked and i laughed a little, as i nodded.

—sorry for the obvious lack of updates, life is being a bitch 🙄 but i'll be updating more 😌 thanks for 1k reads and thanks for not leaving me :D love ya, bai