42. If the streets could talk.

If these London streets could sing , my love, they sing a sad, sad, song...

omniscient.

If the streets could talk, they'd talk the words of an orphaned child. Someone unloved, and discarded, and thrown to a island where the other tainted individuals remained. If the streets could sing, my dear, they'd cry a sad, sad song. They'd hum the melody of the forgotten ones, the ones that were never set free. If the streets could scream, they'd howl the pain of your shackled ancestors. The streets would ask you why you chose this life... and you'd say to the streets, "I didn't choose this life, this life chose me". You, my friend, would sing the melody of a liar, a deceiver, and the streets would hum along to that diabolical beat. You and the streets would mime a devilish, harmonic tune- together.

*

There was no denying that he was a mad man.

From the way the Adonis walked, from they he talked...he was dark as night, but clear as day. His mental state was unstable, he was unstable. He was a crazed boy. A boy, stuck in a grown man's body. He played a childish game and lured the innocent in, and when he set them free- they (his victims) still remembered. They still remembered. Yet remembered what exactly?

A Gangster's Diabolical Cry.

"Forty...," The young woman who lay before him moaned out as he stroked in and out of her at a fast pace. The rhythm of his waist is waist is what made the 'badinas' crave him like crazy.

They fell in love with the movement of his hips, and then -they sadly- fell in love with him. The list was long, he had a large line up of women. Yet the list was hidden, because no woman could ever properly satisfy Forty other than her. She had the eyes of an angel, yet she everything but. Her smile was the most memorable and her aura- indescribable, because words could not express the ambience she brought with her into dark rooms. She was heaven sent.

Nasir.

"Nasir," Forty mumbled to himself- dazed, as he pulled his large, hardened appendage out of the confused women and looked down at her with a hard glare.

The pretty lady frowned as she sat up, clutching her bare breasts. She was mortified by his sudden actions, she watched him discard the condom before he rushed into her bathroom to supposedly clean himself off. It took a moment before he returned, naked as the day he was born as he hurriedly retrieved his clothing garments and dressed himself with.

"Are you okay?"

Forty only kissed his teeth in response, as he made sure he collected all his items before hurrying out of her room- and then her house.

The lady laid on the bed with a sad frown, "I didn't even get to finish."

*

Qahir let out a sigh of frustration as he stared at the male that occupied the hospital bed stationed before him.

Qahir sat beside the bed in nothing but the blue Nike tech trackie he'd hurriedly put on, along with some socks and sliders. He'd stopped breakfast, void of any appetite for obvious reasons. He fiddled with the string the tied his durag in deep thought, watching as he little brothers chest rose up and down in a very slow pattern.

Hazel watched Qahir, as Qahir watched Cairo. Her heart felt heavy. She could feel the hurt that her boyfriend tried so hard to hide as he prayed that his brother would wake up each and every day. Qahir has been stand-offish with her ever since the melancholic event transpired- Hazel didn't think much of it though, she excused his behaviour: believing it was solely down to his brother's condition.

She didn't think anything of it, unaware that the love of her life was slowly, but surely constructing the festivities that would lead to her very downfall...

Hazel gave him a sad smile as his dark eyes connected with her Hazel ones. He didn't return one though, instead he analysed the girl he was due to end.

No one, apart from him, knew though- well the streets knew too: but that doesn't really count, 'cause the streets can't talk...can they?

*

Kadeef sat adjacent to the young girl he 'saved', watching her as she held the pen he'd lent her in her dainty hands. She placed the pen against the lined paper, allowing the inked point to glide against it- presenting her neat handwriting as she wrote.

He remained silent, knowing not to interrupt her even she was in her zone. She wrote a single letter: 'N'.

She placed the pen down before staring back at him, innocence dancing in her eyes.
"That's my name." She told him, a sad smile on her face as she realised it was one of the only things she remembered.

"N?"Kadeef questioned, and she nodded.

"N for what?" He asked.

She only stared at him blankly for a moment, trying to rack her brain for answers. "I'm not sure." She trailed off, sadly.

She suddenly stood up, moving from the seat next to him to the the couch opposite.

Her eyebrows furrowed together in confusion.

Kadeef only watched her with intrigue painted all over his handsome face. Everyday, he noticed her coming out of her shell a little bit more.

Silence washed over them once again, it'd been quite for a couple of moments until Nasir finally spoke up-+ her words concerning Kadeef.

"They tried to kill me, you know..." Her voice was soft, and her eyes were closed as she swayed her head from side to side. She fiddled with the hem of the belly top she asked Kadeef to buy her when they were online shopping not too long ago.

"Hmm." Kadeef only hummed in response, sometimes his voice was scare her. She'd told him he reminded her of someone, she just didn't know who.

"Can you take me to them?" She asked him, finally opening her eyes.

"I want to kill them instead." A diabolical smirk fell onto her angelic face as she uttered those devilish words.

"With a knife, like the one he-," She stopped, staring at Kadeef with her eyes wide open as she recollected her thoughts.

"I loved him."

Kadeef stared at her, concerned by her ramblings. He believed she was having delusions, he'd experienced her like this before yet this time she actually had him on edge.

"He spoke to me in my dreams yesterday. He said I killed him, so why's he not dead yet?"

Kadeef was evening more confused yet, as he watched her mumble incoherent words to herself then laugh straight after.

"The streets spoke to me too," She smiled, "Do you want to hear what they said?"

*

1142 words.

Who is in 'N'?

And who tried to kill her?

Excuse mistakes.

Leave comments, don't take the piss.

- taimoni.