14. she was now one with the earth, and gone for eternity.

- you belong to the stars in the sky. - jorja smith.

 - jorja smith

*
omniscient.

The ominous feeling that swallowed Nasir as she gazed into the night sky was one that she wasn't able to ignore. Her heart sunk as the news dawned on her, yet not one tear escaped her empty eyes. She laid on her bed in a removed state, her door locked, permitting no one entry. She'd never, ever felt pain like this before. It felt like her heart had been ripped out of her chest, and replaced it with one of stone. It was a different kind of emotion, one she couldn't explain. Nasir had cried 'til she couldn't anymore, because all her tears had been wasted over the one picture she kept of her. Her sister. The same sister she'd just started to rekindle a relationship with, yet to no avail because that same being was no longer. As in she was now one with the earth, and gone for eternity.

How?

Her pain was now replaced with anger.

Why?

To selfishly kill herself knowing she was carrying a potential life, a foetus inside of her womb that she had been so wiling to nurture with the love she and Nasir had never received as a child. The math truly wasn't mathing, and the series of events that Nasir so effortlessly tried to wrap her head around weren't making sense.

There was no blood at the scene, nor was their a body, yet they had said her sister was dead.

My sister is dead, Nasir repeated again and again her head.

A single bag, zipped up to the very top, in the shape of a pregnant woman proved that very fact. Or did it?

They'd handed Nasir the keys to Nana's apartment, which was left in an disorderly state; plates, clothes and other items around the house left untouched. Nasir's knew her sister, and she knew her sister was a clean freak, with the mind of a perfectionist; never would the sister she knew leave the place she rested her head in such a state.

But the was the exact point Nasir was missing. She didn't know this version of Nana, the Nana that had sacrificed her relationship with her sister because she did bad things, bad things that she didn't want Nasir to ever be involved in. So pushing her very own little sister to the curb was her last resort, and as dumb as I sounded: Nana was grateful that her sister had spread her wings and flew, Nana was grateful for the people she had watching over her, and finally Nana was grateful to be taken out of her misery once and for all, even if it wasn't for long.

Their hearts cried for the fallen soldier, and her heart cried for the lost one.

Her song had ended, yet her melody lived on. Let Nasir hum her sister's sweet harmony forevermore, farewell to the only woman she ever loved.

*

Hazel watched over Nasir as she used her fork to move around the Mac and Cheese on the plate in front of her, not once lifting the piece of cutlery to her mouth. The continuous hum that came from Nasir's mouth was alarming, and calming at the same time. Her eyes were hidden behind the blacked out sunglasses she wore, making Hazel unable to see Nasir's former warm eyes.

"Nasir?" Hazel called out, her voice gentle.

The humming stopped, and Nasir waited patiently for her friend to speak.

"Are you ok?" Hazel regretted her question, inwardly cringing as the words left her mouth.

"No." Blunt and curt was Nasir's voice, as she finally took a long awaited bite out of her food.

Hazel only nodded in response, she knew this pain and she'd lived the grief. Nasir's behaviour reminded her own years back when her half brother had died. She'd lost the only person that understood her enough to take her in, someone that wasn't her menacing father. She'd lost the lead to many unanswered questions about her dad's side if the family, hints that would've lead her to her other brothers. Brothers that her deceased brother had spoken about, yet due to unfortunate circumstances she'd never got the chance to fulfil his dying wish in meeting them.

"I'm here for you." From one damsel to another, because the street life was truly killing their people.

*

"Now where do we go from here?" Pharaoh's dominating voice rose as he spoke, infuriation running through his very veins, a large contrast to his little brother that stood in-front of him.

"Chill, bruddah', " The urbanics flew out of Cairo's mouth so effortlessly, a smug look on his face as he prepared himself for the news he was about to reveal to his brother.

"I've got her."

Complacency filled the room, as the two looked between each other with mirroring smirks. They'd got her.

Pharaoh stood up from his leather office chair, slapping hands with Cairo as two shared a knowing look.

Their plan was slowly but surely falling into action, let's hope both members played their cards right.

***

A very short chapter for your head tops.

The plot is finally thickening, hehe.

Is Nasir's sister really dead?

Poor Nasir :( Hazel's a real one... but will she stay like that forever?

Who are Cairo and Pharoah talking about? And what have these yutes got planned?

SMH. A TRUE SHAMBLES.

excuse any mistakes.

Please make sure to vote and comment.

- Taimoni.