16. he said kill two birds with one stone, yet one had already taken flight.

had to tell you that i couldn't really see beyond the gates of this purgatory. - jorja smith.

*

omniscient.

Have you ever felt locked up in the confined space of your mind? With devilish thoughts flowing in rapidly, whilst you try and unsuccessfully suppress them by calling out for the lord your saviour. Do you ever feel helpless? Like a liability in a world full of tainted souls, and lost children; fatherless sons, and unloved daughters who seek out for a forbidden love that lays in the hands of a fallen angel. A wolf dressed in sheep's clothing surrounds you, plotting on you day by day but you fail to realise because to you the good outlaws the bad making you see the best in people. And You've always seen the best in people. People that have wronged you time and time again, taken your kindness for granted and mistaken that same kindness for a weakness. They weren't prepared to feel your long awaited wrath, so when you stood up and roared they only laughed. Now those same people cry as you laugh your very way to the bank. Those people bleed their way to their forgotten graves, remorse ridden and no longer filled with glee all because they never believed. The evil shall never, ever prosper; trust and believe that.

*

The rain poured vigorously against the concrete flooring that just so happened to fill the pavement of a damned city called London. The streets were now empty, people had rushed back to the homes in desperation as they tried their hw rest to avoid the harsh droplets that fell from the sky. The thunderous sounds that cackled amongst the raindrops hummed a song of mockery as Nasir stared out of her double glazed bedroom window. Pathetic Fallacy, were the words she thought of whilst chuckling humorously, how ironic for the weather to so accurately match her mood. Amy Winehouse's distinctive voice played from her speaker lowly, as she laid on her side whilst staring at the few passing cars that drove by every so often.

She changed the song, Jhené Aiko's melodic voice now sung a soft harmony within the somber atmosphere of Nasir's room. She was home alone, Hazel was at a lecture and Cairo seemed to be distant nowadays. Nasir's mind travelled to Forty, from his soft caramelised skin to the unique birthmark that sat upon his right cheek. The thought of his soft, pink lips had her wondering but she brushed those thoughts off as fast as they came. The vibration of her phone made her music stop. Nasir sat up against her pillow, Forty's name was written across her lock screen.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

She unlocked her phone, checking his message.

40.
- come open the door.

She furrowed her eyebrows, before jumping out of bed and slipping on her sliders. Her feet dragged across the floor in a lazed-like manner as exited her room and walked down the dark hallway. On her tip-toes, she looked through the peephole. There Hezekiah stood, his fur-hooded Canada goose jacket zipped halfway, showing the top half of his palm angels tracksuit. He was clad in designer, from head to toe. He'd lazily slid his -nike sock covered- feet into some trusty pair of Gucci slides, and the d-squared cap on top of his his silky black was slapped onto his head sideways making his handsome face very much visible. Nasir's eyes trailed down to the bag of takeaway in his left hand, and her favourite boba balancing in that same hand. A small smile crept onto her face, but it left as fast as it came.

She unlocked the door, her motion slow with reluctance as she pulled the hinged barrier open. Forty looked up from his phone, his pretty honey coloured eyes making contact with Nasir's sad ones. He analysed her, she didn't look like herself anymore. On-top of her head sat a black satin bonnet, and her infamous mink lashes weren't glued to her brown eyes making her orbs appear bare. Her face wasn't lightly covered with concealer, and fenty highlighter. Instead it was moisturised with cocoa butter, and her lips were doused with her small blue and white tin of Vaseline. It wasn't that she looked bad, she just looked different. A distant different, that read that she was nearing her breaking point. It was evident in her posture, her aura and her body language. Nasir was slowly but surely deteriorating.

Forty's heart quickened, as he saw Nasir peering right back at him. The once confident man, shifted underneath her hard gaze. He was surprised to hear the next few words that came out of her mouth.

"Come in."

And with that, he entered Nasir's shared apartment, an infamous bop in his walk as he followed behind her petite figure.

*

The silence Forty and Nasir had eaten in was finally broken by the soft whimpers that left Nasir's mouth as a flood of tears poured down her pretty brown face. Forty, now dressed in only his tracky bottoms and plain white top, engulfed her in a reassuring hug as she tiredly cried into his lean chest. No words were spoken as he quietly lead Nasir to her dark room, he didn't turn on the light, knowing it was more than likely off for her a reason as he guided her to her queen sized bed. Nasir kept her head on his hard chest as he laid down against her plush mattress, she wrapped her arms around his torso, relaxing into him as he pulled her heavy duvet cover over them.

He stared up at the cocaine white coloured ceiling, train of thoughts racking through his brain rapidly as he tried to figure out a way to word himself in a way that wouldn't startle Nasir.

"Fuck." He said inwardly, reaching up to remove his hat before placing it on Nasir's bed side table.

He had something deep to tell her, and his words weren't to be taken lightly. This situation was truly life and death, and the only option was to live and die by the shank.

They'd finally awakened a vicious creature that lived deep within Forty, a demon he'd attempted to leave in the past yet to no avail because b*tch ass n*ggas continued to try him. A force to never be reckoned with had been released into the south side of London, because the Ysan Umar and Kabil Sesay brothers had never, ever been boys.

he said kill two birds with one stone, yet one had already taken flight.

Leviticus 24:19
An Eye for an Eye
...18Whoever kills an animal must make restitution-life for life. 19If anyone injures his neighbor, whatever he has done must be done to him: 20fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth. Just as he injured the other person, the same must be inflicted on him....

Lord God, please, o' please forgive your son's soul...for he has sinned and will continue to sin but I beg of you lord; please, o' please forgive his young, tainted soul.

*

1182 words.

You guys' favourite, Forty is back and he's better...with his fine ass :).

What does Forty need to tell Nasir?

And who are the Kabil Sesay brothers?

I'm coming consistent with these daily updates so I'd appreciate for you lots to vote, especially the ones that blow me up telling me to update when you haven't even voted.

And shout out to my consistent commenters and voters, you lots know who you are. <3

Excuse any mistakes.

- taimoni.