8. when old problems vanish, new ones emerge.

say that nigga lost your,
trust. - Bryson Tiller.

 - Bryson Tiller

*
omniscient.

Nasir smiled a genuine smile as she walked alongside Cairo, a boy she'd met at her uni. He was a breath of fresh air, with his unintentional comedic charisma and his inviting personality. Cairo was of Sierra Leonian and Jamaican descent, his father being the Jamaican one. He was nineteen years old, being that his birthday was in early September. He wore a lone silver cap on his left canine, along with that he had a pristine set of thirty two teeth which just made his smile all the more attractive. Cairo was the same complexion as Nasir, meaning his skin was a dark maroon colour. He stood at the tall height of 6'3 inches, naturally towering over Nasir's 5'6. Cairo's hair, although currently covered by his silk black durag, was neatly trimmed down into waves; his dark brown - almost black- hair contrasted nicely with his dark brown skin tone. The young man drove an matte black Audi; his older brother had gifted it to him to him on his eighteenth birthday. Cairo stayed with his boys in a maisonette based in Borough, he'd offered to bring Nasir to his yard on several occasions, to which she always kindly declined- until today of course.

"What's the mo'?"Cairo asked his friend over the phone as he fiddled with his Jesus piece.

Too locked up in her thoughts, Nasir hadn't even realised he'd received a call yet alone answer his phone. She laughed inwardly at his abbreviation of the word 'motive', it reminded her of Forty. She rolled her eyes at the thought if him, pushing him to the back if her mind.

"Nah...I'm with my friend bruddah'."Cairo's eyes briefly looked over at Nasir as he said those words, her stomach fluttered at the cheeky smile he'd given her.

The pair stopped as they finally made their way to Cairo's car that was parked at the very end of the student parking lot. The same student parking that you had to pay for, with the price being 250-375 pounds depending on where your slot was. Nasir wasn't willing to spend that type of money, and nor was she willing to drive all the way to uni when there was a congestion. Instead, she commuted via train using her student discount. Cairo however payed, he had the money for it so it didn't bend his pockets one bit. He payed £365 for his slot, being that it was stationed at the very end if the lot meaning he could pull out swiftly with no hassle.

"...Nasir?"Cairo's deep voice paved it's way to Nasir's ears before sending a slight shiver down her spine.

He nodded towards the passenger side of his car, as he still on the phone. His hand reached and opened the door for her, to which she thanked him for before climbing in. The comfortability of his seats made her sink deeper into them, 'they're even more comfortable than Forty's' Nasir thought as she put her seatbelt on. Cairo entered the car via the drivers side, the way he leaned back in his seat was strangely attractive. His words had suddenly turned into hushed mumbles, Nasir decided to mind her business instead if attempting to eavesdrop. She pulled out her phone, her eyebrows rose in confusion as her eyes scanned over the one notification that was prominent on her lock screen.