Evaluation

Chapter 5: Evaluation

"Blathering Blatherskite! What is that thing?!" A brown duck gasped at me before he started circling me at a fair distance. The anthropomorphic chicken's jaw is literally on the floor of the pristine and very advanced laboratory.

"This..." Scrooge waved his arm at me, "is what I needed you to evaluate for me."

After a bit of arguing, debating and four pairs of baby eyes, Scrooge decided to keep me on the condition that I stay quarantined in the lab until Gyro Gearloose (the chicken) and Fenton Crackshell-Cabrera (the brown duck) figured 'exactly how I tick' in Fenton's words. I waved shyly at the circling duck, turning my head so I was facing him while my body remained stationary.

As Fenton kept me distracted, I felt a sharp prick in my forearm, "Ouch! What the heck?!" Gearloose shot me with a needle! He held out a red test tube filled with my blood. He began to mumble to himself as he inserted the tube into a machine and it began whirring gently.

Gearloose turned back to Fenton and Scrooge, completely ignoring me. "We should have the complete results in 4.5 minutes. We are wasting valuable time because somebody" Gearloose glared at Crackbrera, "was supposed to upgrade the equipment."

Crackbrera chuckled nervously as he said, "Sorry sir... Right away sir..." and walked off to a computer not far from the machine and got to work.

"So, do you need me to do anything else?" I asked curiously. Gyro looked up at me with a calculating look in his eye, "Well, I suppose I could observe and take some notes," He pulled a clipboard and pen appeared out of thin air and started writing something on it while glancing at me occasionally. How the heck did he even do that?

*~*

"Webby! Gimme the binoculars! I wanna see!"

Three ducklings hid on top of some science equipment looking down at the being

"Hang on Dewy, I need to see what is going on!"

"Seriously, you guys need to be more prepared," Huey pulled three more binoculars from his backpack.

"You actually brought this stuff?" Louie reached for the green binoculars in Huey's arms. Dewey cheered his thanks and looked through to the mysterious creature conversing with their Uncle and the two scientists.

"Of course I did. Never hurts to be prepared. I just saved us a lot of arguing over a pair of binoculars." Huey smugly looked through his red pair as Louie rolled his eyes and looked through his.

*~*

"The results are in!" Crackbrera ran up to us swinging a long piece of paper with an excited grin on his bill. "And they are simply amazing! I've never heard of a species like this one! Completely unique in-"

Gearloose snatched the paper from him to take a closer look, bringing it up to his face and adjusting his glasses. "As much as it begrudges me, you are correct. The data here is unique, some I have seen before and some that are completely unknown to me. This will need further testing and examination..." Gearloose looked up at me over his glasses. His eyes darkened, "Though we are more similar than I originally thought."

"Well answer me this Gyro, is it safe enough to be around the children?" Scrooge pointed at me with his cane, not removing his eyes from Gearlooses form. He may love adventures but his manor was a type of safe haven and no no zone for potentially dangerous animals, if that was what this thing was.

Gearloose hummed with his fingers rubbing his beak, "We are not sure yet, I would suggest further experimentation with... replaceable specimens-"

"You ducks know I'm literally standing right here... right?" I asked, rapidly losing interest in the topic at hand. Which was me, by the way.

Fenton, I thought, is one of my new favorites on my list of 'anthropomorphic animals I have met so far' his personality was pretty cute too. "O-oh! Of course! Apologies, we meant no offence." he stuttered, an embarrassed blush lightly coating his cheeks.

But then Gearloose had to open his beak, "Of course I knew that. It just makes this process a little more easier. I have some questions you need to answer." I felt the frustration seeping in already. I was never good with health or anatomy. This should be fun. I can't wait...

*~*

"Dewey scoot over!" Louie whisper shouted.

"I can't. If I do I'll fall off! Webby is taking up all the room!" Dewey whispered back.

"Webby!" Louie and Dewey shouted in low tones.

"Shhh! Not now, I'm trying to listen!" Webby put her finger on Louie and Dewey's mouths. "Look!" Webby pointed to the tall figure now sitting on the floor in front of Fenton. All three brothers turned their heads in the direction Webby pointed. The uncertain duck fidgeting in place murmuring something that caused the girl to giggle into her hand. He blushed in embarrassment and scratched the back of his head nervously. Though his shoulders relaxed slightly.

"Oooohhh! Do you think Junior has a crush on Mr. Fenton?" Webby squealed. Huey and Louie shushed her. While Dewey was leaning forward ready to discuss the tea with Webby.

"You think so?" Dewey got a starry look in his eye, "Oh they grow up so fast!" He sniffled. Huey adopted a thoughtful look in his face as he gazed down at the two, Louie however just grimaced.

"Eww! That thing could have a disease or worse, cooties!" A shiver ran down his back.

Huey was still looking down at the chatting pair, "How would a relationship even work between them?" Webby hummed and shrugged, "I don't know but it's so adorable isn't it? I ship it!"

The triplets paused and looked at each other in unison, "Ship?"