Named

A few minutes have passed and our first possible shipping pair are deep in conversation.

"It is truly fascinating you have managed to survive in hiding for so long-" 

Gearloose and Scrooge are discussing the issues with my living arrangements and Fenton was assigned to distract me.
It wasn't worded as such but I knew better. I know that wasn't Fenton's true intention, his fascination with me was a bit creepy yet cute in a weird way, but it's doing the trick, certainly. I'm listening to Fenton ramble on about science and-

"-tific discovery of a lifetime and is an honor to be-"

discovering new ways to gush about the situation. What with finding me and all that. I can't complain though. It's really interesting to hear someone talk about their work so passionately, I could listen for hours. Plus, watching the expressions rapidly shift on his face was endearing and simply adorable.

"How did you do it? You attire isn't really optimal for outdoor survival, thought I can’t really imagine-"

I was listening diligently until his voice slowly became a distant mumble, and my eyes unwillingly became unfocused.

How did I- we even get here?” A soft voice quivered. Their voice reminded me of a delicate silk ribbon glowing freely in the wind, “Will we be able to go back?

Go back to what?” Another voice answered sharply. Their gruff voice ringing in my head, “That smoking pile of garbage?

What were they talking about?

Home.” 

“-ello? Are you alright? Hello!?”

I blinked repeatedly and tilted my head left and right a bit. I focused back and Fenton was holding my shoulder, shaking it gently, "I'm sorry?" I asked with an apologetic yet appreciative grin.

“Are you alright?” He asked, he scanned my face worriedly.

“Oh, yeah. Everything that has happened is just sinking in right now. Terrible timing, huh?” I gave a closed eye smile and leaned back on my hands again.

“Yes. Of course, you must be a bit disoriented after all that has happened.” He said as he adjusted his tie. A thought popped into my head, “Where did Scrooge and Gearloose go?”

“Huh?!” He turned around, and true to my words, both have vanished.

Crackbrera Point of View

I slowly turned back and looked up to the now erect specimen. It truly is a wonder how this organism has stayed out of sight long enough for it to grow so big. Sweat started perspiring around my neck and forehead as she walked around the lab and I couldn’t find the words to stop her. So I did what I could, I observed.

I sat on my hind quarters to make myself look smaller, raised the clipboard and wrote on the blank sheet.

Specimen 001: ___________

I stopped my pen as I realized none of us knew her name.

 "Excuse me?" She turned to look at me from the doorway she was slowly walking towards. "Huh?"

She reminded me of a puzzled puppy.

"It has occurred to me that we do not know your name." 

She looks off to the side to think about it, "Dewey named me Junior, if that helps you." 

I thought about it for a bit, and wrote it down. "I suppose that will do for the paperwork.” I paused my pencil on the clipboard after I thought about it for a second, “Does this mean you never had a name or you have forgotten it?”

She tilted her head to the other side, her hair falling over her face slightly obscuring her face. She remained quiet.

“How about I call you 01?"

 She perked up and wrinkled her nose, "A number?"

"I suppose it is a bit objectifying. My apologies. Maybe…"

At that moment Gyro walked back into the lab Scrooge-less. “I think it’s a wonderful idea. It’s simple, easy to remember. No need to get emotionally attached to it by giving it a name.”

She looked at me with a raised eyebrow and looked back at Gyro and nodded her head in defeat, "Mm. Okay."

“Oh come on Doctor Gearloose! That's a bit inhumane. Don't you think?" I turned to look at the nameless specimen, "You realize you have a say in your name, correct?”

“I suppose, I’m alright with it for now. Just until we find a more appropriate name. 01… I’m kinda warming up to it already.” She cracked a smile in my direction.

We sat in silence for a few seconds and the atmosphere grew more awkward as time passed. She was staring at me as I fiddled with the pen and clipboard. I felt like she could see straight through me. I jotted that down on the evaluation notes paper.

'Unnerving stare'

I kept peeking up at her over the top of the clipboard to make sure she didn't go anywhere. My hands fiddled more with the pen, before sticking it behind my ear. We still do not know what Specimen 001 is capable of. I think it's time we found out.

I know it's not much and I apologize. I have been off my game for a while.