3

It wasn't until after dinner that I got another call. Looking this time it wasn't the first number, but one that was a few off that one.

'Hello?' I answer.

'Hi Y/N, it's Joon.' He responds almost breathlessly.

'I kinda figured. You did say we were all number neighbors, and this number is ony a couple away from KS's.'

'Yeah. You can put me in as KN.' 

I quickly do that and say 'done.'

'So how's unpacking going?' He asks.

'Slowly. I am still sorting which boxes go where. I found my rolling pin in with my socks, ugh. I don't remember doing that, but it sounds like me.... but I still haven't found my silverware.'

Chuckling I can hear fabric rustling in the background. 'If you put your rolling pin with your socks, does that mean the silverware is with your books?'

'Ye gods I hope not.' I gasp. 'It's not healthy for the books!'

Humming in agreement he pauses our conversation, and I hear more movement in the background, and a sudden knocking sound.

'I think I need to cut this short. I'll try to say hi tomorrow, alright?' He asks.

'Sure. Have a good night Joon.'

'You too Y/N.' 

Click.

****

As I look up from my sorting job I hear the birds chirping their good morning. The sky is starting to lighten, and I decide to call it there, for now at least.

Stretching I can feel my muscles twinge in my back. I almost overdid it... gotta be more careful.

Slowly standing I walk to the fridge to grab a cold bottle of water. Looking at the emptiness I realize I still haven't been shopping. Looking around the tiny kitchen I take stock of what I found and have to work with.

The fridge is ancient, but working like a boss. There is plugs for electric devices along the wall away from the sink, but no stove, no oven. Frowning at this obvious oversight I consider calling the landlord until I remember something written about kitchens in Asia.

Grabbing my phone I quickly look up the article I remember, thanking the translator app for changing it to English. Reading about the commonality of plug in counter top devices I consider my options. 

I need to be able to boil water, bake at at least 400 degrees... what was that in Celsius again? They use Celsius here, right? Checking the interwebs it's roughly 204.5 degrees. So an oven that does 205 or better is what I want. I should also look into a standard stovetop burner or two. Two would be better, but I don't know how much I can pull from the wall socket yet.

Walking back to where my phone charger sits in my bedroom I grab the paperwork on the apartment and the complex. My eyebrows rise. I will need to get a converter as well for the few electrical devices I brought from home.

Unless I just replace them. I consider this for a moment. As I think the temperature starts rising and I look at the windows. The sun has fully risen and the outside is warming up, much quicker than I am used to. Looking around I see what looks like a mini air conditioner above a window and look over the paperwork again. After a bit of reading I reach into a drawer next to the fridge and find a remote. Turning it on starts up what proves to be the air conditioner. I was right. A bit more puzzling out the remote and I realize it's more than that. I almost baked myself playing with the temperature controls, turning it up to 40 degrees before remembering that it was at Celsius standard, not Fahrenheit.