8

'Hai, I'm Jin' says the newest body to my collection of number neighbors. 

'Hi, I'm Y/N.' I say, bowing a full 90. This brings loud protests to their lips, Jin's almost-rapping blending with Hobi's exclamations. Once I stand up and gather the last of the boxes of goodies I follow them down the path.

It's not long before a modern structure comes into sight. I guess it could be called a house, but honestly, it looks almost more like a train boxcar in front. The standard wood frame houses of my home country haven't been introduced here it seems, and instead almost anything younger than 200 years and not a high-rise is a hodge-podge of building options.

Another unknown face is running like mad up the walk towards us, making Jin mutter and the rest chuckle.

'Haaaiiiiiii!!!' The voice yelling gets louder and louder until he practically bowls us over... before skidding to a halt and a bow, grinning like mad. 'Tank youuuu!' He all but shouts as he unloads my arms of boxes, leaving me with just my beach bag and purse.

'Thank you for inviting me!' I respond with a a bow and smile as we continue on. 

'Hey Jimin, get back here!' A voice I recognize from the building shouts.

'He's helping me!' I shout back, making a head pop out of the front door.

'Y/N!' Shouts the tallest man I've seen since I got here. Instead of running at breakneck speed, like the man I now know as Jimin did, he trots up, being careful of how he places his feet, keeping an eye on the ground.

'He's the clumsy one. Don't ask him to help please.' Mutters JK under his breath before Joon gets to us. Jin just eyes JK before nodding in agreement at me.

I chuckle and nod.

'Can I help?' Joon asks, looking at all of us.

'How about you hold the door open so we can all get in without trying to finagle that as well?' I suggest. He grins and leads the way back, making the rest of the guys smile in relief behind his back.

Once inside the person in the kitchen busy with marinating meat in various containers starts saying something in the  local tongue, making JK, Hobi, and Jin quickly deposit their boxes onto a dining table before heading into the kitchen to help.

'Yeah, I'm not allowed to help in the kitchen.' Joon admits, rubbing the back of his neck in embarrassment. Jimin and V put their boxes down as well, then start trying to figure out how to open them to peek.

'Hey, no peeking!' Joon goes off on them, smacking the backs of their heads to get their attention away from the goodies I brought.

'Well, why not?' I ask.

'They're as likely to grab some, sneaky ones.' Joon shakes he head, as the two run away, racing down a hall and up stairs. Joon yells something at them as they go and they reply back before doors are heard closing.

'I just told them to get changed for the pool.' He admits, turning around to look at me, his eye lingering on the boxes. 'You did bring something to wear as well, right?'

'I'm wearing it already. No need to change.' I nod in response. With his smile of relief he goes back to asking questions of those in the kitchen. The one I haven't met yet mutters something before turning around to rinse his hands and dry them on his apron. 

Finished cleaning himself he comes around the island the majority of the containers of meat is sitting on marinating and offers his hand to me. 'I'm Yoongi.' 

'I'm Y/N. Don't worry, I don't eat as much as JK.' I reply, smiling. He grunts a chuckle and side-eyes Joon. 

'I like. We're keeping her.' Yoongi says lowly. Joon chuckles in reply, nodding.

'Hey, do I get a choice in this?' I ask, pretending to be offended.

'No!' cheerily rings out from all the guys.

****

Once everyone got the option to change into their swimming suits they all headed for the back yard. The grill was already warming up, the chill chest full of both alcoholic and non alcoholic beverages, and the side dishes are ready to be pulled from the large modern fridge in their kitchen.

Jin asks if anything I brought needs to be chilled, but with the shake of my head they were left as is on the table until they were needed to be retrieved.

'So, what did you bake for us?' Asks Joon as we settle into chairs in the shade outside. 

'A variety of cookies, brownies, cupcakes, and fudges.' I reply. 'I considered a trifle, a sheet cake, and even macarons, but the trifle would've needed to be in a bowl and refrigerated, the sheet cake would be unwieldy to move, and I don't have the set up for macarons as yet.' With each sweets name mentioned a new head popped up, until 7 grinning faces were peering at me, whether from the grill, the pool, or from a seat nearby. Joon did a quick translate to their tongue, and some wry smiles and nods were had at the idea of the treats I didn't bring probably, but everyone seems happy with the quantity of boxes left on the table inside.

Pretty quickly the grill is up and running, meats and vegetables set up in their sections and cooked before put on their own platters to pick from.

The three in the pool, V, JK, and Hobi climb out and help rotate the dishes onto the long outside table as the grill is emptied and refilled.

'Is there anyone else coming?' I ask, looking at all the food piling up on the table.

'Nope,' grins Joon. 'We have had others over before, but since few of our coworkers or friends know English that well we decided to make this a quiet party this time.' 

I cock an eyebrow at him. 'This time?'

Jimin giggles at my understanding. 'We want more treats next time!  Maybe the macarons?' He looks pleadingly at me when he mentions what I guess is his favorite out of what I listed earlier. The pout he has going would outshine a toddler's attempt to wheedle any day... so I just grin and nod.

'Fine. Next time.' I concede, and he wiggles his happiness until he falls out of his chair with a thump, making everyone turn around and laugh at him.