Chapter 2

A bundle of joy befalls the almighty empire of Adriente as a new addition of the royal family was born. A grand feast was commenced by the order of Emperor Eurio Vlad de Adriente, as a celebration for the First Princess of the Empire, Yesenia Ilerev Ophelia Adriente, the star of the Empire and his youngest child. Laughter rang throughout the Empire, compliments, greetings... It seemed neverending! Everyone was exhilarated, it was like exhaustion never existed. Music played, everyone joyously dancing without a care to the world, euphoria, that they felt. Seemingly happy for the blessing that was bestowed upon the world.

     Behind the joyous laughter, darkness lurks. Like a snake, waiting for the perfect time to strike. It was simply maddening, as the beloved mother of this prosperous kingdom was one to be a victim, protecting her last born, and sacrificing herself, as payment. Scream echoed throughout the Empire, the nobles quickly seeking shelter, worried for their safety. The people were taken aback, not expecting the Empire to be invaded. Behind all the hysterics happening, one seemed to stay still, not fully comprehending the situation. For the Emperor, time seemed to pause...his dear, precious beloved was laughing just minutes ago. Red painted his eyes, his heart that was once beating seemed to stop, dying, along with his Empress. It seemed so quiet, even though the palace was in chaos. For him, his mind rang "kill", over and over...just like a broken radio on play.  

Everyone present that day will never fail to forget what happened next. The luxurious palace quickly became a bloodbath. Everyone appeared to be visibly frightened, their spine grew cold and cold sweats seemed to roll down their foreheads, all turning blue. The cause of their agitation was none other than what appeared like a devil, recklessly swinging its sword... The devil could be described as a savage killing machine, a tyrant if one would boldly say. Eyes that seemed lifeless, an empty shell that was created for one purpose...eliminating everyone who enters its sight. 

Everyone was just too astonished to move, just as the opposing side has been defeated, have they exhaled a breath that they never knew they had held, just to not be noticed by the savage devil on a killing spree. The said devil was brimming with bloodlust, its thirst for blood grew when he saw our one and only protagonist. The mere sight of her made him wrathful and disgusted, it annoyed him, having thought of her as a "damnable nuisance", a bad omen that almost brought the downfall of the empire, and most importantly, the thing that took her beloved from him. Striding towards the newly born, he held his sword on top of her chest, ready to stab the poor child, and went for the kill.

Just as he was to do it, he was held back by the Prime Minister, William Re Baladhi of house Baladhi. "Your majesty, please think wisely! Her Majesty would not like this! I beg of you!" he interfered as he felt pity for the little princess. The Emperor halted his action, remembering her beloved, he threw his sword and left the place. The young princes, who were left alone, still had difficulty comprehending the situation. Just minutes ago they were laughing with their mother, and seconds after that they suddenly saw a red substance oozing out of their mothers' chest while hearing their sisters' cry. Simply baffled by the turn of events, not knowing what to do, unmoving like a rock. They were snapped out of their dazed thoughts and were startled by the pleading of the Empires Prime Minister, having caught the sight of their Father almost killing their sister. 

- To be continued -