Cinq (edited)

Edited: 04/20/23. 

TW: eating disorder, canon typical violence, reference to fighting

Sanemi remembered fury. For years, fury and rage had been his main source of fuel, his only motivation to keep fighting after his family was murdered, after he had to distance himself away from his only living little brother.

Cold and powerful fury, running through his veins. His arms burned with exertion, and his vision was growing foggy as he tried to see past the haze of rage. He could practically taste the anger on his tongue, mixing with a sense of excitement as he drew closer sand closer. 

He wasn't focusing. His mind spun rapidly, thinking of different outcomes and different scenarios. He'd thought of this moment again, and again, and again, ever since Tomioka had been rescued. 

He couldn't think straight. He knew he should've gone back for help. He should've listened to Rengoku and waited for assistance. The second he had gotten the information he wanted out of the demon in front of him, he knew what he had to do. He didn't even wait for Rengoku to come back from where ever he was, fighting a demon that wasn't important because Sanemi had finally gotten word of where the demon was. 

All he wanted to do was fight. His hand was holding onto his sword, so tight the skin over his knuckles had gone white. Whatever injuries he may have had slipped his mind. His head was turned up, his thighs burning. Blood dripped down his body.

Fight. He needed to kill, to hunt, to get revenge. 

Fight. He had to ensure that nothing would ever hurt Tomioka again.

Fight.

Tomioka was hurt. He was scared. Sanemi had seen the dizzying look of utter terror in his eyes. He had known that Tomioka struggled every day trying to remember where he was, adjusting to what his life had become.

He had gotten hurt because of the vile creature that was a few feet away from Sanemi. He came to a stop in front of him, breathing harshly, his breathe fogging the air up in front of him. The moon light blinked down at the deformed being in front of him. 

This thing... had done it. It was staring up at him cruelly, blinking slowly hazy eyes. Sanemi wasn't able to see well enough to determine whether or not there was a number on those eyes. Without even thinking, his mind clouded by anger, he lunged forward, a harsh scream leaving his mouth as he swung his blade at the demon in front of him.

Sanemi had attacked again and again. It clearly wasn't expecting a fight. Tomioka had said that when he was ambushed, he was already exhausted and unable to defend himself. Tomioka had been caught off guard. Sanemi wouldn't be.

He wasn't thinking. He cycled through various stages of wind breathing, his arms shaking as he swung them. There was a foul reek in the air that Sanemi tried to inhale as little as possible. The knowledge that Rengoku was only a mile or so away, probably running to Sanemi at the moment, supplied him with enough courage to continue the fight.

He let out move after move. He didn't care that he was quickly running out of oxygen, his body beginning to burn more and more. The demon was letting out foul screeches as it tried to run away, heading towards a sewage system. Sanemi knew that his technique was not suited for an enclosed space like that. If the demon made it underground, he wouldn't be able to follow. 

Desperation was beginning to cloud his moves. He let out a cry as he began to jump forward, trying to block the demon's path again. He was throwing out any and every attack he had. Anything.