Trois (edited)

Edited: 04/19/23

TW: Panic attack, description of blood, dissociation, derealization, and slight depersonalization.

"Get out of my way." Sanemi growled, his voice pitching dangerously low as he pitched forward, trying to shove his way down the hall towards the room where Tomioka was.

"Why should I?" Shinobu replied, spreading her arms wide and spacing out her legs, making sure she was able to stay balanced in front of the hallway whilst Sanemi did his best to shove her aside. 

"Because I asked politely. I only do that once," Sanemi said, curling his lip to show off his sharp teeth, his scars wrinkling as he scrunched up his face in annoyance. Shinobu's resistance to let him through was slowing causing his temper to rise far past a point that it should never pass. 

"I'm afraid I can't let you see him," Shinobu said, her signature smile nowhere to be seen as she stared defiantly at Sanemi. 

"You better have a good explanation or I'll rip your head off with my teeth." His hand twitched closer to his sword.

"He's more than a little disoriented right now. Seeing you will definitely confuse him even more," Shinobu said reasonably, her voice unusually soft as she tried to bargain with Sanemi. Her arms slowly lowered until they were resting at her side.

Sanemi glared at Shinobu, mentally cursing her again and again. He debated shoving her aside once more, before he took another long look at her face. Sanemi's eyes gazed at her own, the deep blue bags under them, matching his. Shinobu's hair was falling down her back, pulled away from her face through the strength of her hair clip. Despite feeling slight sympathy towards the obviously exhausted butterfly pillar, he was angry about what she said. 

He was even angrier when he realized she was right.

Of course Tomioka would be confused to see him. If he really was as disoriented as Shinobu said he was, which would make sense when his circumstances were considered, it made sense that Sanemi's presence would just make him even more confused. 

It's not like they were friends or anything. Sanemi barely even spoke to Tomioka. At best, he ignored his presence completely, at worst he often found himself yelling at the unnervingly calm water pillar. Sanemi wasn't even sure where his animosity towards the other male came from. Thinking back on it, it didn't even have an origin. He simply saw the other male once, and decided he wanted nothing to do with him, just as he had to the other Hashiras. 

Still...

It wasn't a want. 

Sanemi needed to see him. His blooded pounded with the thought that Tomioka was right in front of him, hidden behind a wooden door, confused and hurt, and likely without anybody that he knew. 

He needed to make sure he was alright. Until he was able to see Tomioka, to know he was alright, he wouldn't be able to leave the butterfly estate or lay his stupid feelings to rest. 

"Just let me see him. I won't talk and he won't even know I'm there. I just want to see him, okay? Please," Sanemi said, struggling to keep a growl out of his voice. His hands curled into tight fists as he bit his lip. 

Shinobu's eyes widened. Shock colored her expression, as if she couldn't believe what she was seeing or hearing. Sanemi understood. He couldn't remember the last time he asked for somebodies permission for anything, or the last time the word please left his mouth. 

She bit her lip, her eyebrows drawing tightly together as she stared at him.
"You can look from the window. But if he sees you and freaks out, you're dead. Got it?" She said, shoving her finger into his face.