The Attempt for Comfort

Tubbo was attempting to self-control his emotions before he makes a public scene, he definitely doesn't want that to attract the attention of all the people surrounding the rocky beach. He decided it was time to head back home, it was well after 7 pm when he did. Tubbo felt miserable, absolutely wretched in two ways in one, he felt exceptionally groggy and that rejection really did a number of hits to his crushed heart. Tubbo entered his house, his parents at the dinner table, looking at him with worried eyes.

"Where were you," Tubbo's father asked with a weary voice

"The pier," Tubbo responded, "I was just looking at the sunset"

"We have to talk to you honey, I'm sure you know I'm going to ask you," his mother was going that direction, of course.

Tubbo lifted his hand to his head, "can we not talk about it? I rather not."

Mother exhaled, Father tensed up, an stern expression on his face that scared Tubbo, Mother put her left hand on his leg, as if to not provoke Tubbo to blow up. He looked at her and his facial features seemed to soften and gave an understanding nod. With that Tubbo went up to his room, feeling his phone vibrate, he took it out.

Tubbo was going to ignore it when he saw all the missed calls from basically everyone on his contact lists. Tommy had the highest, 82 missed calls in a span of 11 hours, and Tubbo was only awake for barely 2 hours. So he decided to at least answer Tommy, since he'll probably be the one who tells the server that Tubbo isn't dead or something. He pressed, accept.

"Hello?"

"Oh my fucking god, Tubbo! Why didn't you answer? Don't you know that I nearly went out of my way to go all the way to Brighton to see if you're okay? Man, Tubbo I was worried-," Tommy words were all getting blurred together, "Then you drop off the internet, not a single bit of activity and you didn't answer my calls, or anyone else's! You should've at least sent a DM so I know you're not going to be sheltered away from humanity!"

"Sorry Tommy."

Tommy let out a deep sigh over the phone, "I know you would be, I just need to know if you're safe. What happened after the stream? I didn't hear anyone disconnect in the clip so I'm assuming both of you stayed."

Tubbo felt his lips quiver again, he really can't hold his emotions that long but he has to, enough to tell his friend.

"Yep, we stayed in the call... he doesn't like me like I-" Tubbo hiccuped "although he was honest, he was cold. He spoke firmly and I don't like that very much if I'm being frank with you."

The uncomfortable sensation of a lump in throat began to show itself and Tubbo hiccuped again.

"Give me a second, I'm crying," Tubbo laughed weakly, trying to not worry his best friend.

"Go right ahead." God he's such a good friend

He slid down to the ground and put down his phone on his carpeted floor. Tubbo actually underestimated what a cry he was going to have: Quick, shallow breathing, making Tubbo's chest hurt with a sharp pang inside his lungs. Blurry vision, mostly due to the mass amount of tears gushing out his already swollen eyes, marking his cheeks even more. The sudden weakness and vulnerability that came with the sobs that left this boy left to break. Tubbo relished the days he didn't know about his crush, he wished that he didn't feel anything at all.

He cried for a good 3 minutes before he bottled everything back up, it's better to unleash it in the cruelty of night. He picked up his phone from the floor.

"I'm back," Tubbo's voice cracked, fresh from bawling his eyes out.

"Y'know, after a good cry you feel better," Tommy stated

"Well, I'm not feeling too great. I got rejected like 12 hours ago or something. Talking to you makes me feel a bit better."

"Of course you do! I'm a great the-ro-paist!" Tommy exaggerated on the last part, earning a small giggle.

"Yeah you are."

A sweet silence hung in that call, different from the earlier one that had sour and cold, this call was a sweet and pleasant evening with a familiar warmth that was like an embrace.

"Tommy?"

"Yeah?"

"What do I do? I don't think I'll be able to stream or talk to Ranboo again, it's embarrassing for me and for him."

"Just take a tiny break, maybe you should talk to Ranboo, he's worried about you too but he's a fucking coward, nervous to come forward and call you personally about how he's concerned."

This took Tubbo by surprise, Ranboo, really?

"Geez, that doesn't make me feel better, makes me feel even more guilty and sad, and tired."

"You can't be tired now! You sleep all day everyday!"

"True, as a matter of fact I woke up almost 3 hours ago, not sleeping for days on end does things to you apparently."

"Jesus fucking Christ, Tubbo!"

"Yeah, I'm going now, buh bye!"

"Okay, call me so I know you're not dead."

Tubbo hung up and looked thru his DMs, not wanting to answer them, it was hard to see the panic that he caused everyone, he was going to send everyone a message but after the two crying episodes, he felt exhausted.

Tubbo decided that he'd call Ranboo, one day in the following week, just enough time to be heart broken and attempt to get over it.