The day the Potter's lose one of their sons

Previously-

They thought for a long time, but then Lily thought of something that would change the course of fate itself.

It would never be the same again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Everyone moved down to the living room, James who had a hold of Harry, Lily who had a hold of Hunter. The tension was thick in the air when Lily spoke,

"I have an idea, what if we send Harry to live with my sister, Petunia, and we pick him up when the twins are older." She said, with her tone wavering slightly as if her idea was crazy. And to most, it is a crazy idea.

"That's a really good idea, Lilian, I think it will be beneficial not only for the twins but also for you and Jameson," Dumbledore said with thoughtfulness laced within his tone.

James and Sirius looked really unsure about all of this. James doesn't want his youngest son to grow up away from not only him and Lily but his twin brother, Hunter. Away from his godfather who he loves more than anything in the world. Away from his beloved grandparents. Away from, well everyone he knows. If they go through with this plan he wouldn't be there to see his first steps or his growing into his own person.

Sirius was angry. How could Lily think of getting rid of her little baby? What was Dumbledore thinking by suggesting this? What were James' thoughts on this? No was he going to agree to this, Hadrian was definitely a daddy's little boy. Whereas Hunter is a mummy's boy.

Remus just sat there quietly unsure of what to think of this little situation. He didn't want Harry to be sent away but he didn't want Harry to hate Hunter, for the fact that he was more powerful than him. Overall Remus isn't very close to Harry so he doesn't know how things will happen in the future. But he hopes that they won't have to send him away.

Lily and James made eye contact and you could already tell that they had had different thoughts on this. Lily was seriously thinking it was a good idea and that Harry will understand why they sent him to live with Lily's sister.

James on the other hand really didn't think such action was necessary, he doesn't believe that his sweet little boy will ever grow up to hate Hunter, only because he has more power than him.

"Professor Dumbledore, may you allow us to have some time to discuss and process all of the new information," James said before Lily could say anything on the subject. Although it is clear to the other people in the room, that James was really unsure and nervous about everyone else's thoughts on this.

"Of course, my boy, come to my office once you guy's have decided on a plan of action," Dumbledore said with his voice full of understanding. 

Peter had just regained consciousness after a while. In a groggy voice said "What happened, wait!! Where are the twins, are they okay? He wanted to kill them! Are they safe?" His voice growing more and more panicked.

"Woah Woah, slow down they're both okay. They're fine." Remus said as fast as he possibly could, in order to stop Peter from panicking.

Dumbledore then got up and started to make his way back over to the fireplace, but before he used the floo system he said "think about this seriously James, jealousy can ruin people. And we don't want Harry to hate his older brother now do we." And with that said he flooed back to his office, hoping two of his old students would take his advice to heart.

With the Potter couple, everyone was sitting as still as possible in the living room with tension higher than it has ever been. The room was deathly silent and awkward. All of a sudden James spoke;

"I'm not sure about all of this. We will not be there to see Harry grow up, we won't be there whilst he young, Lily. We'll miss everything. And what if he grows up and hates us for sending him away to live with your sister, Lily. We'll miss everything, thought his early years of life. That's something we'll never be able to get back." James said his emotions high in the air.

Lily turned to look at her husband and at her youngest son who was asleep in his arms, "I know but think about it. Won't it be worth it, then he won't be envious of Hunter, and growing up in the muggle world, away from magic will make him appreciate it even more. I'm sure he'll understand the reason behind it. He's such a sweet boy, he won't be mad he'll be understanding towards us and his brother." Lily said trying to get James to see the bright side and see that Harry won't be upset or mad.

Sirius and Remus just looked at each other, unsure of what to think, or if they should voice their opinion on the matter.

Lily then went over to James and sat next to him, putting her free hand on his knee, and looked at him with a pleading look. "Trust me, James this will be the best for the boys. This doesn't mean we love Hunter more than Hadrian. It's for Harry's protection not only physical but also mental. We don't want his amazingly sweet heart to be devoured by hatred and envy." Lily said softly.

James looked up from Harry's sleeping form to look at Lily in her eyes and only saw love and sincerity in them.

He sighed heavily and said, "Okay but I just don't want him to hate us for this, I just love him so much, he's my youngest son." James said his voice full of sadness.

Lily had the same look on her face and said, "I know James, me too but this is for the best. Now let's go and tell Dumbledore our decision." All whilst rubbing his knee.

They all got up and made their way through the floo network to Albus Dumbledore's office. Sirius and Remus choose to stay quiet throughout this whole process of thought. Never once said anything they thought about sending young Hadrian away.

Once they reached the headmaster's office only to find him sat behind his desk eating lemon drops, deep in thought. This is when Lily cleared her throat to get his attention, and it worked.

"Hello, have you all come up with a verdict," Albus said his voice laced with seriousness and curiousness. He was truly thinking that they either said no or couldn't decide and wanted his opinion.

"Yes, we think that we should leave Harry with my sister and maybe collect him when he's like 8 or 9 years old, if that's okay with you, James?" Lily supplied with seriousness for the first part be hopefulness for the last bit directed towards James.

James nodded faster than they thought the human possibly could. He really likes that idea he wouldn't have to wait until Harry was 11 years old to see him again. Remus and Sirius thought this was a reasonable idea. Dumbledore nodded and smiled a smile one would receive from a grandfather.

He looked over Lily and James and said, "Well that's great news, I'm sure when he's older he will understand and forgive you two for this. Okay, so you two should write a letter explaining the situation to your sister and her husband." He said thoughtfully whilst smiling at the Potter couple.

So that's what they did, on a piece of paper the words were written in Lily's elegant cursive writing. Then they placed the letter into an envelope and addressed it to Petunia and Vernon Dursley.

They all went back to Potter manor, Remus and Sirius said goodbye and kissed Hadrian's forehead, and took Hunter to his nursery. Whilst Lily and James prepared Harry, got a bassinet and a blue baby blanket. They wrapped Harry in the baby blanket and placed him into the bassinet.

They all apparated to private drive and walked up to number 4, everything was dark considering it was around 4 in the morning. James and Lily placed a tender kiss on his forehead. They placed the letter in the bassinet too, and placed the bassinet on the doorstep and left.

The Potters to their manor and Dumbledore to Hogwarts. Dumbledore was happy that the Potter's decided to leave Hadrian with Lily's sister, now Hunter would get more attention, and therefore would be able to defeat Voldemort. And he will be able to concentrate more on his training in order to win the war, with interruption or a distraction.

They had no idea what they had done. They lost their youngest son. All because they wanted to give more attention to one of their children.

Word Count- 1471