Aşk kokusu

Note: The title means "Scent of love"

This vignette follows after the cabin scene in epi32.

The sun today was shining just enough to make everything around feel a bit warmer after the freezing stormy night.

"Feels like today will be a good day", I said smiling ear to ear, adjusting the beanie to cover my  ear a bit more.

"Günaydın!" I greeted everyone at the breakfast table merrily.

"Günaydın Melo!" Engin replied with equal zeal, stuffing some cherry tomatoes in his mouth.

"Günaydın!", Piril and Ceren said making a quick eye contact with me.

"Melo... Eda didn't come, is she fine?" Deniz asked me in a worrying tone.

"She's much better, merak etme! She just got Ayfer hala's call so she'll join us in some time", I said while taking the seat beside Ceren. I was pouring myself some hot çay when Piril spoke,

"Ahh yes we heard about what happened to her leg, I hope it gets better soon"

"Yeah, she got it twisted. It looked terrible when Deniz got her back. But the the medical team here gave her the first aid and said that she'll be fine if she doesn't stress much"

"Günaydın!", I heard enişte and that bloody Selin greet, making their way to the breakfast table. I rolled my eyes at the sight of them walking hand in hand. I wanted to puke.

Selin really is one hell of a bitch. Even after last night, she had the balls to keep put with Serkan like nothing happened. I mean, it was not like they were caught red-handed in the cabin or something (oh I wish), dada told me everything, but she still saw the man and the woman sleeping in each other's arms. Selin really has no pride.

"Eda nerde?" Serkan asked, his eyes searching every corner for my dada.

Ahh canim eniştem yaa! He's earning brownie points right from the morning. Impressive!

"She's on the way", I said with heart in my eyes.

"She's fine, right?"

"Evet evet", I said, much better after the massage, of course in my head.

"Let's order breakfast aşkım. I'm very hungry" Selin said to Serkan, eyeing at me.

"Abi, çok özür dilerim but I got a phone call from the construction site, it is important to sort this out now. Can you please talk to them?" Engin said while handing the phone to Serkan.

He got up from his seat and went a little away from the table. Selin called the waiter to give her and Serkan's order while I cursed her indefinite times under my breath. I just couldn't bear her anymore, so I quickly took my phone out from my jacket's pocket and typed a message to Eda to come fast.

"Serkan..." Selin called out loudly, "Serkan!"

"Efendim?" Serkan spoke in irritation while covering the speaker of the phone.

"I ordered you a full avocado toast with some boiled eggs and a glass of vegetable juice, do you want something else?"

Serkan took a brief glance of the table and spoke to the waiter directly,

"Also get some bread, butter separately... and please make sure to remove the crusts. That will be all for now"

"Since when do you like bread without the crust Serkan?" Selin asked in confusion.

"It's for Eda, she likes it that way", Serkan said simply and immediately got busy over his ongoing call.

There was a moment of pause and some quick, knowing eye contacts at the table. I pursed my lips in order to prevent myself from laughing as I took notice of Selin, whose eyes were fixed in blank space somewhere in distance and her face was growing red in embarrassment. I bet she was wishing to disappear somewhere far away, like Denmark, in that moment. She deserves every bit of it for causing so much pain to my dada.

"Günaydın" Eda wished everyone, breaking the trance. Ohh how she missed the fun!

She noticed everybody's smug face, before patting me on my shoulder and taking the seat opposite mine. "Ne oldu? Did I miss something?" She asked me in a whisper.

All I could say was, "It's your man... you'll see"

"Tamam", she said raising her eyebrows in anticipation.

Seconds later Serkan returned back to the table and I caught him sharing a silent moment with Eda. They always look so pretty together.

"It smells good... the breakfast", said Eda.

I smiled. Yes, it smells good... Aşk kokusu.

----------------------------------------------------------------

The translations: 

Günaydın - good morning

Merak etme - don't worry

çay - tea

Enişte - brother-in-law

Dada - Melo's loving name for Eda

Eda nerde? - where is Eda?

Canim eniştem - my dear brother-in-law

Evet evet - yes yes

Aşkım - my love

Abi, çok özür dilerim - brother, I'm so sorry

Efendim? - yes/I'm listening

Ne oldu? - what happened?

Tamam - okay

---------------------------------------------------------------

Hello,

Happy  SÇK day folks!

This little inspiration hit me before I went to bed last night. I love how Melo is true supporter of Edser's love and I guess I'm little too obsessed with the bread crust detail which transpired into this vignette. I really want Serkan to act unconsciously sometime, it will be so much fun to see Selin burning haha!

Hope you liked it and hope you're watching the episode live tonight! ^_^

Cheers.