Chocolates

"Serkan bey geliyor! Serkan bey geliyor!" Leyla shouted at the top of her lungs to alert the whole office of the boss' arrival.

Within seconds panic touched the roof. All the employees ran to return to their desks like they were competing for some local sprint race. But for Engin, the chaos was a sight to behold. It amused him how even the walls of the office had lost touch with old, tyrannical Serkan. So when this one day of the week came, it was mayhem to say the least. Everyone turned into scared cats!

"Tuncay, did you finish the blueprints of the residential complex project?" asked Erdem out of nowhere when the boss' entry was delayed by a minute.

"It was my wife's birthday yesterday so..."

"Ahh Tuncay bey, hayırlı olsun! You are going to be a dead meat today" Erdem laughed against pin drop silence.

"Leyla" Serkan shouted right behind Erdem, startling him. He froze.

"Efendim Serkan bey"

"Remind me to type Erdem Sangay's termination letter today."

"Tamam Serkan bey... Ne Serkan bey?!" Leyla suddenly realized what her boss had asked her to do. Dumbfounded, she turned to glance at Erdem who looked all ready to pass out.

"You heard me. This office is not anyone's playground. I don't want any nonsense here. If you can't do your job, you know the way out! And Tuncay, come in my office within an hour with the blueprints" Serkan spoke coldly.

"But Serkan bey..."

"I don't have to remind you your job Tuncay and I also don't think you even have a minute to waste, so get to work." With that Serkan exited the space, leaving his baffled employees in the background.

"He's barking today" Piril said to Engin while watching the show from a distance.

"Seems like the symptoms are going to be severe today"

"Robot Bolat geldi" Leyla said crying out of nervousness.

"It is routine Leylacim, better you and everyone get used to it" Engin spoke and turned to Piril, "This is fun"

"Nasil?" asked Piril partially engrossed in her files.

"I get to tease him later." Both of them chuckled.

"Günaydın!" Selin and Ferit greeted making their way to Piril, Engin and Leyla. Sensing the tension in the air she added, "Seems like today is not a good day for a routine PR visit"

"Today is doomsday" replied Leyla.

"What does this mean?" Ferit asked in amusement.

"She is just exaggerating" said Engin.

"Leyla!" Serkan shouted in anger from his office.

"Coming Serkan bey! Would you say I'm exaggerating now? Your good friend and my boss is the one who is exaggerating. I'm going before he asks for my resignation" Leyla muttered under her breath angrily.

"What is it today? What is happening?" bewildered Selin turned to ask Piril.

"Saturday. Today is Saturday Selin..."

"And this day Serkan becomes a lovesick fool!" Engin laughed.

"Ne?" Ferit asked in a tone of suprise.

"That's true. He's missing Eda. She disappears on Saturday! And nobody knows where to. Serkan is not allowed to call her or find out about her. Melo also never helps so..."

The four pair of eyes moved in the direction of the person who paced in his office with one hand on his hip and other one holding phone on his ear, and who now threw the same phone somewhere on the table groaning in frustration.

"Vallah it's my first time seeing him like this" Ferit chuckled to which Selin replied, "Believe you me it's my first time too." Her sad remark earned her some sympathetic looks.

As soon as the four of them caught Serkan looking in their direction, they fake busied themselves in some imaginary work.

Seems like the best day to not enter the Lion's den.

***

"Dadam! You returned late today, everything was fine right?" Melo asked fetching Eda a glass of water.

"Yeah! The traffic was terrible while coming back." Eda said tiredly.

"Did you check your phone yet?"

"No, what happened?"

"Chaos. You should check and by the way, this is for you." Melo said, handing Eda a delicate green box.

"What's this?"

"I just know it's yours" Melo gave a knowing happy smile and left the lounge.

Eda untied the bow which secured the box and opened to discover fine assortment of "Chocolates!" Eda exclaimed, her insides dancing in glee.

She managed to find a paper which looked like a note, underneath the wrapped chocolates.

Serkan Bolat, it read.

Eda melted in a puddle of goo. With a soft smile playing on her lips, she picked up a chocolate, unwrapped it, and took her own sweet time to acquaint her taste buds with its delicious flavor.

Few minutes later she was welcomed with many voice mails from Erdem, Leyla and 4 missed calls from Serkan.

"Ahh.. Melo said chaos." Eda wondered the reason for so many notifications from Serkan and the office. Eda was sure she had finished her work on time. Just as she was about to dial his number, she received a message from the man himself.

'Sirius wants to see you. Walk with us?'

Eda's heart skipped a beat. In a swift movement, her fingers typed,

'Anytime'

It hadn't even been a minute since her reply and she heard the softest door bell ever, Sirius' woof.

And just like that, this day, this moment would be one of the many little memories she would cherish for her lifetime.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Translations:

Serkan bey geliyor - Mr. Sekan is coming

hayırlı olsun - my best wishes to you

Robot bolat geldi - Robot bolat came back

Nasil? - How?

Vallah - really

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!

My love for 'softie only for and around my girl' trope made me write this. Also wanted to put the contract terms to some use.

A little heads up on the au story on the memory loss track, the first chapter has been uploaded. The story is titled - I'm Still a Little bit Yours. You can find it on my profile I guess or I'll link it here: https://www.wattpad.com/story/270850608-i%27m-still-a-little-bit-yours

Do check it out. I hope you all enjoy it as I do while writing it.

Cheers.