~•11~•

NOT EDITED.

        🎶Holding my head up high but it's not working...🎶

Third person POV

   The plane was going to land in five minutes. Hilda was more than happy to disembark. All she could think of was to stretch her already aching body and relax under the cold shower of the hotel room. She couldn't wait for the softness of the bed to caress and embrace her tired body. She couldn't wait to take off those killer shoes called heels and delight herself in the delicious food. She had been to this hotel before so she's very much aware of their good services. She hoped that her boss wouldn't ruin all these.

       Shortly, the plane landed. She disembarked and made her way to the baggage claim area. She soon concluded all the necessary ritual. She ordered an Uber to the hotel she would be lodging. She waited for tem minutes before the driver arrived.

      "Good afternoon madam." The driver who seemed to be in his late thirties greeted her

      "Good afternoon sir. How has your day been?" She smiled as he helped her with her luggage.

     "We thank God o." They both got into the car as her drove through the busy Wuse road of Abuja. She was about dozing off during the forty minutes drive to her hotel, Sheraton hotel when her phone rang.

      "Ohhhhh." She muttered. She made that mistake again. She should have put her phone on silent mode.

     She answered without checking the caller ID, "Hello, Hilda Bakare speaking." She tried to hold in a yawn.

    "Let me get the presentation by mail by nine this night." His rich voice echoed through the phone speaker. All traces of sleep had left her. Her boss wanted the presentation tonight. It wasn't due until two days time.

      "But Sir, the presentation should be..." He cut her off. "I'm aware of that. Tell the driver to drive carefully." He hung up.

      "Damn him." She cursed.

"Madam, is everything okay?" The driver asked as he took a turn.

       "Yes I'm fine, thank you." She answered absentmindedly.

      What was she going to do? She was only half way through the work. She was already tired and in five hours, she'll have to submit.

      "Madam, we don reach." The driver announced.

     "Okay." She answered bringing out her black purse. She handed him five thousand naira notes.

       "Thank you." He curtly replied. The driver helped her with her luggage and drove off.

       She straightened her blue blazer and adjusted her straight black skirt. Her black heels made clacking sounds against the pavement as she dragged her box.

     She lightly tapped the bell placed in by the receptionist.

     "Hello Miss Cassie." She stole a quick glance at the name tag.

      "Hello ma'am, and I'm married." She said with a polite smile.

     "Oh pardon me. I made reservations here, reservation for Hilda Bakare." She explained.

     "Let me check." The receptionist said with a smile. She typed somethings into the laptop. "Here's your key, room 16, third floor. The elevator is that way." She pointed towards the left. "Do have a great stay."

     "Thank you." Hilda beamed as she collected the key.

She walked in the direction the receptionist pointed to. She got on the elevator as she thought of what to do at this point.

    Her boss has been so hard on her since she got this job some months ago, through the help of her father. Perhaps if she had just agreed to work for her father instead, this would not have happened.

     In her defence, she wanted an experience outside her father's wealth. She could quit his damn job, couldn't she? She would further prove to her parents that she wasn't that adult she claimed to be.

       As soon as the elevator dinged, she got out bearing in mind the number to the room. Yes, she knew what she was going to do. She would take her time in the shower. She would take as much time as Melinda would and take a long nap.

     Shit! Melinda. She didn't remember the note that was found with Melinda. Maybe she was just overreacting or it's not as serious as she had thought.

     She sighed in delight as she came face to face with the door to her room. She was going to relax tonight. Her boss could fire her for all she cared. He could even go to hell with his job. She got in the room and turned off her phone. She locked the door from behind and started to undress. It was time to relax.

    Phewww. I finally had the courage to type this although I feel it isn't good enough.
Tbvh, I don't know how and where this book is going and I've been too lazy lately.

Anyways, vote and comment, sighs.