~•7•~

Harry's picture in the media

Not Edited

I gently got down from the car and waved at the driver. He drives me specially based on dad's directive but not always.

I tapped lightly on the house that Harry supposedly lives in. I took time to admire the surroundings. It was well kept and the flowers were well trimmed. The house looked very beautiful.

I was brought of of my trance when the door opened. Harry was shirtless and his hair was wet. It looked like he was having a workout session. His abs were perfectly on display and I was tempted to run my fingers on them.

"Like what you see?" He said huskily.

      I didn't answer.

"Done checking me out?" He smirked.

       I still stood transfixed. I found my words and regained my composure. "Why aren't you wearing a shirt? And who said I was checkinging you out?"

"So what were you doing then?"

"I was looking at your Mickey mouse slippers." I held in a laugh. I was actually checking him out.

"Oh." He scratched his neck in embarrassment. "Mind your business and this is between you and me."

I laughed.

"Will you let me in? I've been here since." I glared at him.

"Oh. I thought we wanted to discuss." He paused and started singing, "M-I-C-K-E-Y-" I burst into laughter as I entered the house. It's huger when you enter.

Paintings and artworks designed the sitting room. A huge screen was at the center. The theme of the sitting room was white. A plush blue rug was in the room also. Blue cushion chairs were also there.

"Your house is fine o." I commented as I looked around.

"I'm sure yours is finer." He said leading me to the dining room.

"I hate arguing about that." It never ends well.

"Let's start quickly." He dashed upstairs and returned with his laptop. I brought out A4 sheets and some pens.

"The topic is; "Gender based discrimination; who's more at risk?"

"Wow, what an interesting topic." He commented. His expression hardened but he was quick to mask it. "Go first."

"We can start by looking at the keywords in the topic; gender, discrimination and risk. We can define them one after the other and get a good definition." I said as I wrote them down.

      He reasoned for a while. I took this moment to admire his features. Well chiseled jawline, slightly bent nose, well toned skin and full plump lips. Those lips! Although not pink, they were still attractive and inviting. His voice brought me out of my trance.

"That's good." He typed the definitions on his laptop. "So what next?"

"That can be our first paragraph but don't you think we should add some spice?"

"Spice? Please enlighten me on that." He looked so boyish and adorable with a cute pout that I was tempted to take a picture of him.

"Spice like, we can start by stating an instance of discrimination based on true life events. If that's fine by you though."

"Hmmmm." Hd muttered in agreement. "I hope you're also highlighting the points?"

"Of course." I replied going further.
"From there, we can move to the normal debate introduction. Talk about discrimination in general. From my perspective, everyone including the male species could be discriminated against. Seeing the female and children alone as being prone to discrimination is being bias.

Imagine a male nurse being discriminated against just because he's a male, or a under rating female pilot just because she's a woman. Does it matter? I think what matters is the ability to do what you want to do well. What I'm saying is that, people in general are being discriminated against. Based on their gender, religious beliefs, sexual orientation, even hairstyle and so on. Imagine people saying because I'm a female, I can't run for a political post. The fact remains that there's no law against that. People should be seen equally and accorded the same respect irrespective of their gender."

Harry stared in awe.

"Did I say too much? Damn, I think I shouldn't have talked right when I started talking."

"What? That was so good. I mean, I know you're good but not this good though." He answered.

"Thanks." I replied. I checked my Chanel watch and saw that time is far spent. " Time really flies when you're having fun. We'll continue some other time even if you didn't offer me anything." I packed my stuff into my backpack and got up to leave.

"I'm sorry. Please give me a minute." He ran to the left side of the kitchen and came out with a small bag. "Not much but please manage it. I already ordered an Uber for you. It should be here soon."

"Thanks. I was about calling my Mom." I replied. I tried to ignore the giddiness and the multiple butterflies in the pit of my stomach. A car horn pierced the almost silent room.

We walked to the entrance of the house and met the driver. Harry gave me a hug and ran inside.

Coward oshi

That didn't stop the goose bumps on my skin. I entered the car smiling like a chesire cat.

Shortly, we driver pulled over in front of my house. "Your house is fine o."

"Thanks. Here's your money." I handed some cash over to him.

" No need for that. He already paid for the fare." He waved and zoomed off. Someone bumped into me but I ignored.

I turned to open the gate and made my way into the main house not before locking it.

"Where are you coming from Melinda?" My heart stopped and I froze on my tracks. The deep baritone voice sent shivers down my spine. I've missed that voice.

The dim lights enabled me to partially make out his gait features. I recognized that scent anywhere. That intoxicating smell of finely blended spices that he never fails to wear and more importantly, his charming smile.

Hehehehe... I bet you weren't expecting that. The next chapter would be dedicated to whoever gets who that male person is.

Vote, comment and share. Yktv😘😉