~•2•~

Photo of Ashley in the media above . Imagine the skirt and waistcoat to be black. I used my friend, AyomideOdukoya, after much begging and milk😂🙄

"Wake up o." Hilda roughly tapped me.

"Leave me joor. I said I don't want." I rolled to the other side of the bed.

"Get up jare. When you come back, be arguing with them." She still shook me. I still didn't get up.

"Don't answer o. It's 6:58am." She left me. I jumped up like a madman.

"O oh oh. Where's the toothpaste, my toothbrush, polish. Wait... I don't need it yet ." I hurriedly rushed to the bathroom. Little did I know that it was still 5am.

Even with how late I thought I was, I still spent 45mins in the bathroom. I strongly believe that they are doing me. I kept pacing around the room looking for my body cream. I should have suspected smiling Hilda.

"Mum already left for work, so I'm taking you in the Highlander. Be fast o, I don't want to be late to work." She sat comfortably doing her office work. "Have you done that literature assignment?"

"Don't disturb me jare. Shit. Mr. Akinlade assignment. I have die." I started looking for my exam focus. I'm doing that in school.

"Calm down. Check the time." She said and ran downstairs.

5:50am
"Oh lawd." I placed my head in my palms as I sat on the bed. I got up to pick my exam focus and my literature note as I started the homework. I was done within 20 minutes. Getting up, I put the two books in my backpack and started to get my uniform. White long sleeved shirt tucked in black flay skirt and my perfectly ironed black waistcoat, thanks to the dry cleaner. I adjusted my skirt properly and put on my black socks and shoes. I stared at my reflection in the ceiling-to-floor mirror. Time to style my edges. I took Hilda's ecogel, making sure to curl my baby hairs. This girl is set for her second week in year 12.

6:50am

"Hilda, I'm done." I said as I carried my breakfast bag. Breakfast can never be missed by me, even if it means I'll carry extra bag.

Girl na you dey ginger me
Ifunaya you dey cause trouble
Shey you no go wound person
Love the way you dey dance girl
Ayee o pe meji
Wa jekalo faji
Mami idikunle
Let's hop in my Maserati
Baby hop in my Maserati
I say hop in my Maserati
Hop in my Maserati
Girl I wanna see you go down yeh
Say me love the way you gbe body
Hop in my Maserati
Baby hop in my Maserati
And i just wanna see you ride

This song was blasting from the car stereo. I hopped into the car bopping in sync to the music.

"Did you take your key?" Hilda asked as she brought the car to life. "I sure did." I replied. She drove off after I locked the gate. We could definitely use a gate man, but Mom said "we don't need one, why do I have two grown up girls?"

~* * * * *~

I got out of the car with positivity. I took in the beautiful scenery of the big school. The gardener was doing a great job and the window panes was glimmering under the morning sun, creating a golden hue. I walked with that aura and the authority of the female senior prefect to my class.

"Bakare, the latecomer." Oduntan Samuel, the class disturbance drawled. Trust the guy to always say something.

"Oduntan, the blabbermouth." I replied rolling my eyes as I walked to my seat. "Morning Ash." She murmured a 'good morning'. Typical book worm.