1 - A Typical Day

The resounding click of her heels reverberated throughout the building, almost like a warning to all the employees there. Ducking their heads as she passed by, Kim Jisoo watched with a calm expression.

        Silence wrapped around the building like a cold blanket, offering no warmth to the people inside. To the rest of the world, it was a strange mystery. But, to those who stepped inside, it was a common sight. 

        Coffee dripped slowly into the cup, like the tears constantly pouring down the employees' faces every time she would pass by. A soft voice reached the woman's ears from behind.

        " Bringing her coffee again, noona?"

        Jisoo smiled at the young girl. Sorn had only joined the company a few months ago, young and inexperienced. It was a wonder she had managed to survive in the cruel, mad hell known as EDEN Entertainment for so long, even if Jisoo had been there longer.

        " Of course, Sorn. You know how she gets when she doesn't receive it." The older woman replied with a light chuckle.

        The young employee could only stare, horrified. " I would never forget, noona! Its still so surprising how you managed to last so long here. It's only been 2 months, and I'm barely holding on..." Her voice trailed off.

        Jisoo could only smile. Lifting the cup of coffee in one hand, and her purse in the other, she bid the young girl goodbye, and made her way towards what everyone called the 'Room of No Return'. Men and women alike bowed to their senior, immediately knowing where she was going, and internally wishing her luck. A typical scene. It was always like that.

        The lift's satisfying 'ding!' sounded, and the doors slid open without a sound. Good technology was what you got from a successful job. The top level was seemingly deserted, the only sound was that of the smooth padding of Jisoo's flat pumps on the clean, carpeted floor. The 26 year old bowed to an elderly cleaner, who quickly bowed  back and hastily made her escape from the so-called 'ghost' level.

        Three singular knocks were answered with a comandeering 'come in'. The rough tone did nothing to slow Jisoo down. Instead, she smiled wider, already knowing how the day was going to go. 

        Pushing open the tinted glass door, her eyes met those of the tired CEO. Papers littered the floor, messy writing scribbled on each an everyone of them. Some of them notes of improvement, others, a plain, sharp cross. The large, room length one-way windows had been covered with pale grey curtains. Two plush, grey couches sat to the front of the office, groomed and stain free. Bookshelves framed the walls on each side of the room. The attention seeking mahogany brown desk sat in the center of the room, intricate hand-carved markings seeming like they would pop out at any moment. Despite the slightly messy interior, and the sophisticated yet simplistic decorations of the room, all were disregarded upon laying one's eyes on the woman behind the desk.

        She laid on the cushioned black spinny chair, like a queen on a throne. The black suit she was wearing was ironed and folded in all the right places, matched with a pair of long similarly patterned black pants. A starched white dress shirt had been pulled over her head, complementing the dominating look, which was completed with black heeled boots.

        Her long, silky black hair had been pulled back into a low ponytail, the rest clipped back with two bobby pins to give a neat look. Studded silver earrings had been pushed into each earlobe. The light makeup was not over the top, but highlighting all the perfect areas of her dramatically beautiful face. 

        Jisoo sighed. She could see right through the rich, young CEO's immaculate cover-up. Striding forward, she placed the hot cup of coffee on the coaster that had been put on the desk, and embraced the female. Her childhood friend made no movement to stop her, instead leaning into the warm hug. 

        Immediately dragging a chair that had been reserved for Jisoo and Jisoo alone, the older female took the CEO's pale hands in her own. Lowering her voice, she asked a question she already knew the answer to. 

        " Need another?"

        Those sharp, catlike eyes looked up to meet Jisoo's. Her voice, barely a whisper, came back with a reply.

        " Yes..."

        She wasted no time in pulling her friend back into an embrace, rubbing the stressed female's back and tracing circles on it to calm her down. They stayed like that for another few minutes, before finally pulling away. Jisoo gestured to the coffee on the table and mouthed, ' take your time'. 

        After helping to pick up the stray pieces of paper on the ground, and clearing out the coffee cup filled trashbin in the side of the office, Jisoo patted her friend on the back again and made her way outside without saying a thing.

        The young CEO gazed out and watched as the glass door closed shut.

        Reaching out to pull the now lukewarm cup of coffee close, a faint smirk teased at the corner of her mouth as she tugged a pink sheet of post-it note off the underside of the cup. Laying it on the table and straightening it out, her foul mood slowly but surely dissolved as her eyes ran over the cursive words of the note of the day.

" Don't lose your marbles! ^^ Or I swear I'll come for you, Kim Jennie!

~Your beautiful soulmate, Kim Jisoo"

__________________________*-*____________________________

So? How was it?

I know author notes can be annoying af, and I'm sorry! But, as a beginner author, and as this is my first book out of more to come, I feel as if I have to! 

Feel free to leave advice or other comments! However, please do not spread hate! IT IS 100000000% DISCOURAGED!!! Or, you plainly cannot put hate comments or I will report :) 

Thank you for reading my story! Stay safe, don't self harm, and be happy!

~ Your best friend, Spira