2 - A New Beginning

" Roseanne Park, we would like to extend our furthest...."

Lisa's voice trailed off and the Thai girl could only look up at her Australian friend with a sad, sympathetic smile on her face. Rose groaned and flopped back onto the couch as her friend deleted yet another rejection email.

" I don't understand! Why is it so hard to accept me into a company? Is my singing not good enough? My dance not polished? Should I rap next? I swear to god-"

Lisa interrupted the ranting girl by throwing a plastic bag full of clothes at her face.

" Goddammit Park Chae Young! I've gone through this enough of this complaining to last me a lifetime. You wanted a challenge, I've signed you up for one! Now get dressed."

Glaring at her so-called 'friend', Rose grabbed the clothes and stormed to the toilet, coming out dressed in a denim jacket, white crop top, and black jeans and a belt, finished off with a pair of sneakers. She didn't bother to tie up her long blonde hair, instead opting to let it down and brush through it.

" So, what company is it now? Is it so good that even you're auditioning?" Rose asked, eyeing Lisa, who was already dressed and was putting on a pair of her best shoes. The younger girl rolled her eyes.

" Its that company Sorn is in, EDEN Entertainment or something. Apparently their CEO is super strict with the employees, idols and trainees alike. So much so, most of them quit at the end of a month. At least, according to Sorn."

Rose remembered the young girl Lisa mentioned. One of Lisa's best friends, she ended up way to busy to meet up with them after getting her new job. They had to settle on weekly video calls, with Sorn quickly hanging up to deal with some 'work stuff'. Oh well, at least they paid a lot.

Upon leaving their shared apartment, the two girls hailed a taxi and basically tortured the taxi driver by practicing their vocals in the car. Not that they were bad, but the number of bloopers they had produced was... embarrassing, to say the least.

The company building was, by far, the largest Rose had ever been to. She also expected there to be a steady stream of people entering and exiting the building, with countless numbers of limousines waiting outside the building. Surprisingly, there was none of that. In fact, there was only the occasional secretary rushing out of the place to grab a cup of coffee. Raising an eyebrow, Rose turned to Lisa.

        " Here?"

       Lisa beckoned for them to go in. Upon stepping into the unnecessarily large building, Rose was shocked at the silence that dawned on them.

        " Well this is creepy. What kind of company is so quiet?" Lisa returned her thoughts.

         Walking up to the counter, a woman wearing way too much makeup looked up at them.

         " Hello, welcome to EDEN Entertainment. How can I help you?"

         " Um, we're here for the audition?" Lisa replied. The woman's eyes widened and she shot up of seat.

        " Oh, thank goodness! If we didn't get more trainees, this company would have gone broke, and it's all because of her... .... Anyway, follow me, girls! This way!"

        Leading them towards the lift. She pressed the button for the fifth level and giggled nervously.

        What the fuck? This company is so weird... Even the employees seem like they're about to commit murder.