BROKE AND BROKEN

AUTHOR:
Hello guys! How are you?
Hope you are all doing well.
I wrote this part and some a few days ago, Feb 23, 2021.

Before you read this, I apologize from the bottom of my heart.

The added character on this part is someone I thought of to include day before Jennie's dating issue came out. Again, I am sorry for attracting it.
It was not intended but I hope you won't take this seriously. This is just a fanfic and I swear, I really did not know that something like dating rumor will be an issue.

I will be cautious next time on picking up supporting characters. I don't want to be troubled again by my own monster. HAHAHA

But sorry I can't change the character anymore. My story will be ruined if I will let the dating issue affect my vision. (Wala talaga akong pake sinuman gusto nilang i-date in real life.)

-------------------------------------

LISA

Three years. Who would have thought that we will still be here in the US for three challenging and struggling years? I mean, just me. I work so and study hard the same time. But I don't have big savings. It can't even reach the goal amount to buy a ring for Jennie and propose to her right after I pass the board exam.

Maybe I am just too excited.
A year from now, I will be graduating from Law. I can't believe it. Sometimes I want to be proud of myself for managing school, work and love life altogether. I am top of the class, I still have my work and my boss trusts me and I have learned a lot from him too. With Jennie at home, I am providing for us well. I mean, we can still eat proper food. I still take care of her.
But at the end of the day, I always remind myself to keep my feet on the ground and stay in love. Just strive and work more and become a lawyer. Save up and marry Jennie Kim.
That's my drive in life right now, my ultimate goal. It's always been Jennie and with Jennie.

Today, I am having my final project report for this year based on the sample case given to us in one of my subjects.
I delivered it well and got an A. Of course, I won't let myself fail on my studies.
Heading towards my car because it's time to pick up Jennie from the hospital where they had their actual lecture at the moment. I have a plan of bringing her to dinner tonight as we are on our 5th anniversary now as a couple. Wow! Five years.
Thinking of it, I still can't believe that Jennie is with someone so simple and boring like me for five years?

I was driving and about to turn on the music but my phone rang.
My Mom.

L: Mom. Yeah? Good afternoon. I miss you!

M: I miss you too, Lisa. Just finished class?

L: Yup. On my way to meet Jen at the hospital. Why are you still awake?

My mom couldn't speak. She gave the phone to my Dad.

D: Lis, are you driving?

Oh. How I miss my Dad's sweet voice.

L: Hello, Dad! Yes. How are you?

D: I am trying to be okay. Can you pause driving for a while and stop somewhere else maybe? I have something to tell you.

L: Oh. Okay, Dad. Here, I parked already at the hospital. What happened?

My brows fought and I suddenly got nervous.

D: Lis, your brother is coming home next week. Something bad happened to him in Germany and he has to come back home.

I am so damn scared. What happened to my brother?