Jealousy

Leah's POV:

Go clubbing with the team couldn't get more exciting. We're about to leave in a few hours time. This is the night, I'm not going to disappoint myself any longer. Fact is, I've got a crush on Jordan for over a year. I still don't know if she feels the same way and neither do I know how I've managed to hide it from her since we live in the same apartment. Our friendship is pure comedy gold, there's always this bit of banter involved in every day conversations and such. Sometimes I can't stop thinking about how unintentionally funny she is, I mean the girl's not even trying. I let out a chuckle at the thought of it all, I would love to know how she does it. In that moment my bedroom door swings wide open without any warning. "Do I look okay?" Jordan asks nervously. Oh my- she's asking me if she looks okay? Well she's stunning as usual, and in that outfit she somehow manages to look even better. Is she trying to kill me slowly because it sure feels like it. "Does that mean you don't like it? I know it's a bit daring, but it can't be that bad or..." Jordan strikes, once again blowing my mind. Holy shit Leah, now you gotta say what you think or the girl will be devastated. Only problem is I can barely speak because first off she's looking too good for me to handle, secondly I want to tell her she looks absolutely stunning in that dress but I don't know how to say that in a more friendly way not wanting to sound desperate or something. Taking a deep breath, I say "You look decent Jord!". I must be the biggest of idiots this planet has ever seen. Why the hell did I say 'decent' of all the things I could have said. She's way more than decent. "Thanks I guess. Can I wear this to the club tonight or is it not decent enough?" Jordan continues while cracking a smile. Oh my god, if she's wearing that tonight there's no way I'm going to be able to resist that, especially not after I've downed a couple of drinks. Without thinking clearly I spit out "you sure can, decent looks good on you!" "Cheers then! What are you going with Leah?" "Uhm, well I actually don't know just yet but probably something not too fancy" I say.

Later on we're outside the bar catching up with the rest of our teammates. When everybody finally shows up we walk inside. It was a newly built bar and just by walking inside you could tell it was hell of a big one. I better not get lost in here, I thought to myself. We found a table suitable for the whole team and slumped down. I sat somewhere in the middle with Carla on my left and Jordan on my right. The first fifteen minutes was quiet fun. A lot of banter going around the table and people getting drunker for every minute passing by. I enjoyed it so far, until something for me unpredictable happened. "Hey Jordan, don't you agree it's time to get you a proper girl? I mean everyone knows you've been without for the last two years, it's time to start mingle..." Dan says from across the table. "Oh come on Dan, that's not what I'm here for and you know it. I just wanna have a good time with the gals." Jordan responds calmly. "I know you want to, look at all the pretty girls you could get. Any of them could easily be yours, no doubt! You see the girl over there in the black dress? She's looking at you, go talk to her Jord!" "No way I'm going over, I'm not interested anyway. Besides that, I got my eyes on someone else at the moment." Wait a second, me and Jordan are best friends, we tell each other everything. She hasn't even mentioned she fancies someone. I do wonder who the lucky one is. Dan's reply to Jordan made me snap back into reality quicker than ever before. "So what you're telling me is that you have no game? That's a bit lame tho..." "Pfft, it's not lame not to have game but if I need to prove to you that I actually have then fine I guess..." Jordan let's out a sigh before slowly standing up and making her way over to the girl in the black dress.

Jordan's POV:

Dan forced me into this, I tell myself, even tho I know I was the one who did accept the challenge. I'm not supposed to do this, I got another girl in sight. Maybe I can try being friends with her and that's it. If it turns out into nothing at all it will be a flop for sure and I will be embarrassed to say the least. Let alone all the mocking I'm going to get from Dan either way. As I approach the girl, she looks at me like I'm the only one in the room, she completely stares me up and down a few times before reaching out her hand. "Hi, my name is Jenna!" She introduces herself. "Hello, I'm Jordan, but my friends call me Jord so I'm fine with that too." I have to admit that she's beautiful, a blonde with blue eyes. That reminds me of the person I actually do fancy, which makes it easier to resist the beauty of hers. I crack an awkward smile and don't know what more to say. "May I?" Jenna asks politely. "Yes you do." I shortly answer before she grabs my hand and drags me onto the dance floor. "Before we do this, I just wanted you to know that I'm not a good dancer." "Come on Jordan, it will be fun I promise! I don't care if you can or cannot dance, it will be fun either way." "Okay, but this is one of the things not to expect a footballer to be good at, just saying!" "Wait, you're a footballer? That might be why I recognized you. What's your full name again?" "Jordan, ehm Jordan Nobbs" I replied, the alcohol had now started to kick in for real. I took one last glance over to where all the girls were sat. All eyes were on me, constantly looking out for my next move. It's hopeless, I thought to myself, and with that I turned my attention back to the girl in front of me and danced with her just like she offered to.