Nightmare

Jordan's POV:

"I'm sorry Jord, but I can't help it." Leah said as she looked down at her feet.

"Why are you doing this to me Leah?"

"I- I honestly don't know. I love both of you so much."

"For real, how long have you been doing this?" I say, the anger starting to raise inside my veins.

"To tell the truth, I've kinda dated yous parallel. My emotions are a mess right now, but I didn't want to hurt neither one out of the two of you. I swear!"

"Are you telling me you've cheated on me with another girl or what? If you can't decide then maybe I'll do it for ya, good idea huh?"

"You know how much I love you Jordan, I'll never stop loving you. But I think it's best if I end things between us... I can't decide who I love the most, and it's not fair of me to put you in this situation."

"You're breaking up with me?"

"Practically yes, theoretically no. You'll forever be on my mind and close to my heart, just not in the way you used to..."

"Leah, you can't do this to me... For fuck's sake!" I scream as loud as my voice can handle without cracking.

***

My palms are literally sweating, like the rest of my body. I'm drenched in sweat, from top to toe. I wake up to myself screaming, beginning to cry as I realize it all must've been a nightmare. I don't like nightmares, they scare the death out of me regarding to how worse they are. I really thought for a second that Leah had broken up with me. It isn't the first time I've got these horrible dreams either. Ever since Leah and I got together for about three years ago, I've had those nightmares every now and then.

I'm still upset and a bit shaky after experiencing the worst of nightmares. I know I can't go back to sleep because I'm scared, but at the same time I don't want to wake Leah up just because of some stupid dream of mine. She looks so peaceful when she sleeps, a sight that calms me down a little, but not enough to make me feel safe. Tears are falling down my face as I stroke her cheek softly with my thumb. I give her a quick kiss on the cheek and turn around in an attempt to fall back to sleep, but it's pointless. I lay there wide awake, my eyes staring at the other side of the frightening dark room.

I roll over to the other side, making eye contact with Leah. Wait, she's also awake? She probably woke up to my sobs. I feel like a helpless child, not being able to get this crap out of my mind. By the look on her face, I can tell she knows exactly what's up.

"You have those dreadful nightmares again, don't you?" She says calmly, waiting for my response.

"Yeah, and they only seem to get worse and worse..." I say while tears starts to flood all over my face again.

"Heeey J, it'll be alright. I'm here with you, I always will and I would never leave you! You do know how much I love you, right?"

"Thanks for always being there for me Le, even tho I have those stupid nightmares haunting me relatively often."

"They're not stupid, they're just... special! You know what?"

"No..."

"Things like this is what makes me fall more and more in love with you for each day that passes by. To me, this is a sign that you love and care about me so much that you're constantly afraid of losing me. Whatever happens in the future, I can't see myself stop loving you, ever! You're the best thing that have ever happened to me, and I'm sure there won't be more than a few other things up there at the top with you!"

"Awww, that's cute Leah!"

"Not cuter than you, Jord!" She says as she tucks a strand of loose hair behind my ear. I cuddle up to her, feeling her warm body against mine. We're happily snuggled together and I don't want to let go of her.

Leah pulls away way to fast from our hug, but it doesn't bother me at all when I get why she did it. She softly presses her lips against mine, reassuring me that she'll always be there for me. The kiss gets passionate and it begins to get a little heated between the two of us. We continue to make out for another five minutes, before breaking apart. She really wants me to see and feel how much I mean to her and that she never will leave me. Her mission has truly succeeded, I've never been happier and more thankful for anyone before. And on top of that, all my nightmares are gone! At least for tonight...