Thinking of you

Leah's POV:

I'm home alone, just like I've been for the past two weeks. I really miss Jordan right now. Normally we're not apart from each other for longer than a week at most. I know she's happy and in a safe place, but I just can't stop thinking of her. At the time she's in Japan, playing a friendly tournament with the Lionesses. Even tho she's coming home soon, I can't wait any longer. I've been patient enough. I really need to talk to her, now! I call her on FaceTime, hoping for her to answer the call. I don't get that I've reached the voicemail until an unfamiliar voice gets my attention. I end the call and accept that she's maybe just busy with the national team, not having time for anything else. Instead I decide to text her, knowing that she'll read it as soon as she gets time. I think of what to write, but quickly decide to just go with something briefly.

Me: Sorry if I'm bothering you, just wanted to talk for a bit. Can't wait for you to come back home, I miss you so much!❤️ Hope you are doing well and having fun. See ya soon! Love, L xxx

I put my phone back in my pocket, not expecting her to text back for a while due to the time difference. I've tried to entertain myself meanwhile I wait for her to reply, but nothing seems to work really as I'm still bored. It's now four hours since I sent the message, and not to my surprise she's not replied yet. I decide to go to bed early to stop worrying and to make the hours pass by faster. She definitely would've replied by tomorrow morning, I convince myself.

The first thing I do when waking up the following morning is to check my phone, convinced to find a text from Jordan on my lock screen. To my surprise, there's no text from Jordan. I double check it by going through our conversation, just to see that she hasn't even read it yet. I sigh to myself. Have I done something wrong and now she's mad at me, or what? Why doesn't she read my message, she hasn't even opened it...

Just as my heart is about to break into a million pieces, my screen lights up. I'm fast to check it out, but yet again it's a false alarm. I have no longer any expectation that she will ever reply. So when my screen lights up again, I don't even dare to look at it in fear of letting myself down yet again. I don't want my heart to break into any more pieces than it has already done, and to be honest I don't think it can either.

The hours slowly passes by. Today Jordan is supposed to come home, but will she? I'm supposed to be excited, after all she's my girlfriend and I've missed having her around for about two weeks time. On the other hand, I don't like it when she's ignoring me. I know she's been very busy, but they do have some time in between the games, which should be enough time to reply to a short text. Next thing I know I hear keys in the door lock. The door swings open and in comes a smiley Jordan.

"Oh Leah, could you ever imagine how much I've missed ya?" She says as she rushes towards me on the couch, giving me a quick kiss on my lips. She pulls away fast as she notices something's not right. "You okay Leah, something bothering you or what?"

"Jordan, why are you ignoring me?" I say, clearly frustrated.

"Of course I'm not ignoring you Leah, what makes you think like that?"

"Well, I've called you at least twenty times and you've not answered a single one of them, same with the texts as well. I have every right to be mad."

"Look, the coaching staff came up with this stupid idea to take away every players' phone so that we would be fully focused on football and football only. I'm so sorry I've not answered and that I probably made you feel uneasy, but we weren't able to have our phones back before leaving earlier today. That's when I texted you back. I didn't have time to make a call as we were about to board the plane."

"Ohhh, I didn't know... s-sorry Jord." I mumble. I pull out my phone from my pocket, and there it is, the message from Jordan.

Jordan😘: You're not bothering me, you could never do that and you know it😉 I miss you too, baby girl!❤️ I'm so sorry I've not contacted you during this long time apart, the coaches took our phones away and kept them for the whole tournament, hope you don't mind... We're about to board now, see you later tonight!😘 Love ya, J xxx

As soon as I've read it I start to blush, looking away from Jordan. This is a bit embarrassing, but it's on me so I can't blame her. If only I wasn't that fast to assume things or come up with my own conclusions, then this would've never happened.

"Sorry that I assumed you chose to ignore me, it was a bold move of me..."

"It's okay Leah, you had no clue what was going on. I think I would've been pissed too if I were in that situation." Jordan says, as she pulls my chin up and look into my eyes. I stare back at her, my gaze fixed on those light brown eyes. "It's just that I've been alone and bored for two weeks straight. The only thing I could think about was you, but you didn't reply..." I say a little sad. But my mood turns around in a second as I feel the sparks light up between us.

"You know what I've missed the most during these past weeks?"

"No..."

"This!" Jordan says, as her lips crashes with mine.

The kiss is passionate and seem to take forever, none of us want to break apart. I'm so in love with her, and I hope this can make up a little for my stupidity. About five minutes later we break apart. We're just laying on the couch, enjoying each other's company. I'm in Jordan's arms, resting my head on her chest.

"I'm so happy you're back Jord, I've missed ya too much!" I say, squeezing one of her hands as I cuddle up tighter against her body.

"I've missed ya more, baby girl!"