Stuck in the elevator

Leah's POV:

Things between me and Jordan haven't been good lately. I know it's my own fault, but still I can't get over it. The pain is just too much for me. On this particular day, exactly a year ago, it all went wrong. The 14th of April was mine and Jordan's one year anniversary, a day you're supposed to look forward to. At that time I didn't really look forward to it, not at all. I had those mixed emotions, you know? Not about Jordan, I still loved her as much as when we first met. Fact is that I still do. I just couldn't handle the outer pressure that was put on us. That's why I decided to end it, right there and then.

After our dramatic broke up, I haven't even dared to look back at the past. It hurts way too much to think about what we had, the happiness we used to share. All memories with her are just great, there isn't any bad moment to recall, except the day I ruined our relationship. I can't even look her in the eyes, because everything I see is pain, pain caused by me and no one else. I miss her so bad. But after what I've done I'm pretty sure she doesn't want me back though. We don't even talk to each other, we're too busy to constantly trying our best to avoid one another. She will never forgive me, will she?

————————————————————

Jordan's POV:

One year ago today was the day Leah broke up with me. I mean, how selfish was that? She only cares about what's best for her, everyone else just seems to constantly be in her way. As long as she is happy herself it's fine, she doesn't care about others' feelings, she has never done that. I will never forget that awful day one year ago, the day she brought me the biggest of pains, a pain that still eats me up from the inside. I'm absolutely not ready to forgive her, and right now it feels like that day is never to be seen either. She hasn't even tried to speak with me since that day, I haven't even got an apologize yet! She seems to always be as cold hearted as when she ended our relationship. For me that's a strong sign she doesn't miss me at all. I actually miss what we had, from the bottom of my heart. I still love her, and the pain from losing her won't go away, ever.

"JORDAAAAAAN, how many times do I have to say your name before you actually listen?" Beth shouts, as she wakes me up from my daydreams.

"What do you want?" I say coldly, keeping my gaze straight forward.

"You know exactly what I want, just talk to her and sort everything out, will ya?" Beth says calmly, placing her hand on my shoulder. "I know it's hard, but please give it a try!"

"Why is everything so complicated Beth? All the things I love just seem to hate me. Football, life, happiness, ... Leah. For fuck's sake, everything is a mess right now!" I let out, trying my best to hold back the tears streaming down my cheeks.

"Oh Jord, please don't get lost in your own thoughts. I will help you figure this out, I promise." Beth says while pulling me in for a hug.

I don't know about her plan yet, but you can always trust Beth, so I'm not worried at all. Beth, Leah and I are now on media duty and we're finally done for the day. Beth is nowhere to be seen, she seemed to be in a hurry as she rushed out the door. I don't mind though, I'm just happy to finally go home. When I get to the stairs, there's a sign telling me that I can't use it because they're renovating. I guess I have to take the elevator then. The elevator door is still open as I get there, so I hurry up for a chance to catch it. To my surprise, I see Leah stand in there. But I'm already halfway in, so it's too late to turn back now. I drop my gaze to the floor, standing as far away from her as possible.

"Hi" She says, trying to be nice I guess. I'm not in the mood right now, can't she see that?

"Hi" I mutter back, trying to bring out the pain I feel.