Love(ly) connection

Jordan's POV:

Leah and I have been together for a while now. Yet, nearly no one knows about our relationship, except our families. We haven't even told our teammates, and we're absolutely not planning to either. It doesn't matter how much I actually wanna tell them, because Leah isn't comfortable with anyone knowing. That's fine with me tho, as long as she's happy I'm happy.

Today is gameday, as we face Manchester United on home ground. Leah and I are now on our way to meet up with the team before the game. We don't talk that much, we're just enjoying each other's company. As I'm driving, I feel Leah intertwine her hand with mine, causing my heart to beat faster. The car journey seems to never last, but when we do arrive at Meadow Park, both of us step out the car and grab our bags. As we make our way to the locker room, I feel Leah intertwine our hands for the second time today. I don't mind it though, I love it when she's being all touchy with me.

"Oooh, guys look at Leah and Jordan, they're holding hands! How cute?!" Dan says as we enter the locker room. Just as she said that, Leah let go of my hand, as she realizes her mistake. That's a typical move of hers. She has barely any problem being all touchy and soft with me in public, as long as nobody says something it's fine. But as soon as anyone drops a comment, she starts acting all weird and pretends nothing happened. It makes me sad, I just want everyone to know, then things like this won't be such a big deal. But if Leah wants it to be this way, then that's how it's going to be.

"No Dan, we're not together, if that's what you're thinking! Isn't that right Jord?" Leah says, sounding very convincing about what she just said. I can't do anything but give her the answer she asks for. "Of course we're not, we're... just close friends, that's it!" I mumble, as I force the words out my mouth, trying not to sound too sad about it. I hate to keep up with all those lies, even tho it's for Leah I'm doing it. Why can't we just be together with everyone knowing? I don't really see what the struggle is, I honestly don't! Me and Leah then sit down next to each other, trying not to be too close to one another. For fuck's sake, this is going to be a lot harder than I thought! Leah better be comfortable with telling the truth soon, we can't continue like this for the rest of our lives.

————————————————————

Leah's POV:

I'm in our locker room, waiting for the game against Man United to get started. I sit next to Jordan, trying my absolute best to not make things too obvious. The task is hard, and I know by this time how much Jordan hates it. I don't like it either, to be honest. I also want to tell them, if I only wasn't that uncomfortable with people knowing about us. I feel a bit guilty. Every time Jordan has to lie, she really tries so hard to not make it obvious she's lying. Man, all those white lies drives her crazy, I have to do something!

Both Jordan and I are in the starting line up. As everyone else makes their way out towards the pitch, I turn around to face her. When everyone's gone, I put my hand on her shoulder.

"Jord, I'm so sorry for making you feel this way. I know you hate to tell those lies! I love you so much, I'm just afraid to lose you! You know that, right?" I say, giving her a quick kiss on the cheek.

"Yeah... I know!" She says, as she pulls me in for a hug. We then hurry up, making our way out towards the pitch as well.

The game is now underway, and as expected, we're superior when it comes to ball possession. In the first half we create a couple of great chances, the only thing in our way is their goalkeeper. If it wasn't for her, then we've already been up by at least four goals before halftime. The score is still 0-0 ahead of the last half to be played. The team is now going into the second half with a different mentality, everybody being aware of exactly what capabilities each and everyone has. Our attitude seem to affect the game in a good way, as we continue to create great opportunities in front of our opponents' goal. Then it happens, the moment we've all been waiting for. I move the ball up on the right hand side, looking up and seeing Jordan pointing towards their back line. I take a few steps forward, before delivering a long ball that reaches behind their defenders. Jordan runs in behind and picks the ball up before striking a rocket from just inside the box. I'm running straight up to her, and as the ball hits the back of the net, I'm already there celebrating the goal with her. The result stands for the rest of the game, and we get the win. Even tho we only beat Man United with 1-0 on the board, we still got the important three points.

It definitely wasn't the first time me and Jordan linked up like that in a game, and of course the other girls have noticed it too. As we're back in the locker room after the final whistle, celebrating the win together as a team, our Arsenal teammates is about to tease me and Jordan yet again today. I can't hold it back any longer, I've decided to stop being a coward and instead be proud of who I am. Jordan deserves better than this, I have to stop being so selfish and scared of what others might think. Now is the time to make everything right!

————————————————————

Jordan's POV:

We're now back in the locker room, celebrating the win together as a team. Suddenly, some of the girls draws the attention to me and Leah. They're probably going to make fun of us as always I guess. So when they actually start teasing us about whatever comes to their minds, I'm not surprised, not at all.

"Leah and Jord, Jord and Leah, or whatever the two of you prefer to be referred to as... What the hell did all of us get to witness on the pitch today? I mean, what a lovely connection!" Katie says, with a smirk on her face.

"Yeah, don't pretend like we didn't saw that particular moment. It definitely was one of those special link ups of yours!" Lisa fills in.

"Is it maybe a love connection?" Daan says questioning. I'm just about to tell them all to shut up, but just as I open my mouth, Leah takes the opportunity to speak up.

"Yeah it might be, I guess we can't hide it anymore Jord!" She says. I don't know what to do, I'm so confused right now. She told me she wasn't comfortable yet, but now she just says it out loud as if it doesn't bother her at all. That's weird... She just stands beside me, smiling at me. I turn around and give her a questioning look.

"I thought you wasn't comfortable with anyone knowing? Leah, I'm so confused right now!" I let out.

"Don't be, it can't be a secret forever. You never loved to keep up with all those white lies anyway!" She responds softly, before kissing me in front of the whole team. I kiss her back, as the kiss grows deeper. We're in our own bubble now, noticing nothing but ourselves. It feels good, and the kiss seems to take forever. Suddenly we hear some wolf whistles and cheers from our teammates, as we realize we've been in our own world much longer than we thought. We break the kiss and then get lots of questions thrown at us.

"Wait a second, is this for real?"

"For how long have you two been 'a thing'?"

"When did you plan to tell us?"

I'm still in a bit of shock after Leah's unexpected move, so I let her be the one to answer all the questions.

"Yes, it's for real. About a month. Right now." She says calmly.

"We're happy for you guys! Now, leave them alone and save further questions for another time, understood?" Alex says with a friendly tone.

The question time is now over, and everyone is back to minding their own business. I turn towards Leah, looking her straight in the eyes. She looks back at me smiling, causing a smile to form on my face. We really have a strong connection, it's a lovely bond I will never cut.

"Love you Jord!" She whispers in my ear.

"Love you too!" I say, before leaning in for another kiss.