The Long Awaited Update! (Or, "Sticks and Stones")

Hermione couldn't hold back a snort as her cousins gaped at her, looking between her, the children, and the car. 

They probably would have stayed like that, but she turned around from hugging her parents, calling,

"Careful there girls, you don't want to catch flies."

Striding purposefully back over to her children, she grabbed her purse and took three steps towards the mouth of the parking lot, when the first comment was hurled.

"Wait!", Brittany shrieked. "You've parked in the wrong spot, Beav—I mean Cousin, only Draco Malfoy gets to park there", she said smugly.

Internally rolling her eyes, Hermione guided the kids back over to the group standing in the lot.

"Actually, I think you'll find I'm well within my rights to park there." She stated gracefully, refusing to say any more on the matter.

Taylor laughed breathily. "I can't wait to say I Told You So when your obvious rental gets towed. Anyways, who are the brats?"

Hermione took a deep breath reminding herself that these are muggles, you can't bat-bogey hex them, and you can't turn their hair green to go with the orange skin, even though they'd make lovely Oompa-Loompas.

"These "brats", she said sharply, shooting a glance at her Aunt and Uncle who were stood there witnessing their daughters' nastiness, "Are my children."

They stepped forwards with a pride that they inherited from their father, to introduce themselves.

"Scorpius Hyperion, 14", her son said, looking at the shrews with disdain. "I'm the eldest."

"Cassiopeia Ginevra—"

—"And Lyra Kathleen-"

-"12–"

—"Fraternal twins."

Hermione his a grin behind her hand as her family's heads swiveled back and forth between the two girl emanating the Weasley twins.

"Winifred Narcissa, age 11", her little snake said, looking down her nose at the relatives.

"And this is Alexander Theodore", Hermione said, smiling slightly as her youngest decided to be shy and nestled himself against her.

She could see her Aunt working herself up to a rant, and stood back to let it happen.

"HOW DARE YOU HAVE CHILDREN OUT OF—"

Hermione cut in with the cutting edge of a Pureblood Lady.

"One, grow up Auntie. It's not the 18th century, it's perfectly okay to sleep around as long as you're being safe, and even if I had, that would have been my life choice, not yours. Ask your daughters—if they could get anyone to join them I'm sure they'd be doing it quite a lot."

She heard Scorpius choke on a laugh behind her.

"Two. Before you start yelling again, and the shade of puce your face is turning tells me you want to, before you berate me for having children out of wedlock, actually take a moment to check my hand."

And sure enough, on Hermione's finger gleamed a simple yet beautiful diamond ring, a circle of tiny emerald surrounding the single center stone.

"Come along, Darlings," Hermione called after her as she walked away from her speechless family, children and parents following behind proudly. "I want to get us checked in so you can meet your grandparents, I think they went inside already to get out of the sun."