The Letter

Hermione Malfoy awoke to the warm sensation of her husband's body pressed against hers. She shifted to grab her wand from under the pillow, and his eyes, (foggy in the morning unlike their usual molten silver), landed on her. He buried his face in her warm chestnut locks and breathed in deeply, soaking in her scent. But this was the last peaceful moment that they got, because at that moment, their youngest, Alexander Theodore Malfoy, bounded into the room.

A sweet boy with a kind temperament, he was a cuddly little spitfire. He caused his family to wonder every day, "exactly how can he hold so much energy in that tiny body?" Alexander had his mother's brown hair, with light golden highlights, that rested atop his young head in soft ringlets. He also had his mother's eyes; a warm honey golden brown, but his facial features were all Draco. He launched himself at the bed, and landed with an plop next to his parents, who looked at each other in exasperation. Behind him trailed his older siblings; Winifred Narcissa and      Lyra Kathleen, the next oldest at 11 and 12, and Lyra's fraternal twin Cassiopeia Ginevra, followed by his eldest sibling and only brother (for now), Scorpius Hyperion. 11 year old Winifred had inherited the Malfoy hair, though it tumbled down her back in soft waves that were inherited from her mother. She had Hermione's eyes, like her younger brother, but unlike Alexander, she also had her mother's facial features. The 12 year old twins, Cassiopeia and Lyra, contrary to what most people would think, were quite different. Cassiopeia had hair similar to her Great Aunt, Bellatrix, but it was the silvery white-blonde of Draco's and Narcissa's. However, she had Hermione's eyes, and her facial features were similar to that of Draco and Narcissa. Lyra's hair was a straight, smooth brown, the texture from her father and the color from her mother, but her eyes came from the Black side of the family: the same shocking, stormy, gray that Hermione had seen on Narcissa, Andromeda, Bellatrix, Sirius, and even a picture of Regulus.

As Alexander cuddled into her side, she yawned and sat up to start the day. Picking him up, she carried him off to his room to get dressed before she herself changed out of her Muggle pajamas and fuzzy pajama pants. Once she was dressed, (impeccable but simply beautiful, as always), she gave her husband a kiss, and glided down the stairs to make breakfast for her family. As they sat eating the chocolate chip waffles she had made, the family heard a tap at the window. Draco got up, looked at the name on the two letters, and handed them to his wife. Eyebrows raised, she took the letters, paling at the garish pink envelope of one of them.

She opened that one first.

It read:

Dear buck toothed Beaver—

You are hereby invited to the annual Granger Family Reunion. (Please don't decide to grace us with your ugly presence) It is being held at the Golden Serpent hotel, (I know, you've probably never even HEARD of something so fancy before), which is owned by THE Draco Malfoy. (Not that anyone like YOU would have any idea who that is) It's formal attire, so bring whatever plain clothes you can scrounge up out of the tiny closet in the tiny apartment we all know you must live in. Please bring any beaus (not that you have one), or children, (see last set of parentheses), that you have. For some reason, Grandma wants to see you, (I can't imagine why,) so you'd better be here.

Hoping to see you (never), 

Your amazing, beautiful cousin,

Taylor Granger.

Hermione then opened the other letter, which was from her mother.

Darling,

We're deeply sorry, but we've run out of excuses for you not to come to the Family Reunion. We know you hate it, we do too, but you're going to have to come. On the bright side, you'll get to see your Grandparents...

You should bring Draco and the kids with you, to show them exactly who you grew up to be.

All our love,

Mum and Dad.

Draco looked up from his waffles just as Hermione fainted dead away.