❋𝕗𝕠𝕦𝕣𝕥𝕖𝕖𝕟❋

𝕚 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦

𝕚 𝕕𝕠𝕟'𝕥 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦. 𝕚'𝕞 𝕚𝕟 𝕝𝕠𝕧𝕖 𝕨𝕚𝕥𝕙 𝕨𝕙𝕠 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕦𝕤𝕖𝕕 𝕥𝕠 𝕓𝕖.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

𝕛𝕠𝕙𝕟𝕟𝕪'𝕤 ℙ𝕆𝕍

i know what your thinking. let me explain. 

"mommy?" a seven year old me crawled into the nest of my mother's lap, "why are you crying." 

she chuckled lightly, although nothing was funny,"you wouldn't understand."

"but i want to understand!" i demanded. 

"well you see.." she searched in her brain for the right words, "love..it's beautiful..but to get to the good things you must push through the bad things and sometimes the good stuff is too far out of reach...love is heartache." 

"i still don't understand!" 

"you will one day?" she kissed my temple, "why don't you go play with kenzie?" 

"alright," i hop off of her lap. 

kenzie and i were laying on the floor of her room making computers out of paper, our new project we embraced. i hummed under my breathe softly a tune of  an old lullaby my grandmother sang to me. i didn't even realize i was doing it, habit, i suppose. 

"hey!" kenzie sliced through the thickness of the silence with her loud vocals. 

"mhm?" i glanced up at her with curiosity. 

"you can sing!" she exclaimed. 

i shrugged and she tugged my arm, "no, but you can actually sing." 

"yes, and?" 

"there's a talent show at our school," she rolled her eyes like it was obvious, "you have to enter!" 

"i don't know," i scratched the back of my neck. 

"please," kenzie pushed her bottom lip out into a pout, "for me?"

"oh alright," i sighed. 

"yay!" kenzie cheered collapsing into my chest.

turns out she was right. 

as a surprise 14th birthday present my mother took me down to the record label with the reminder of each block not to get my hopes up. 

i didn't expect what would happen to happen, but then again as i nodded along to what my mother said my head painted the picture of a swarm of cheers as i entered that stage. what i did not know was that would become reality.