𝗢𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗧𝗛𝗥𝗘𝗘

OPERATION THREE 

"Doctor Y/N."

You immediately jolted up from your position, realizing you fall asleep on your desk. It was just Gabi.

"Yes?"

Papers and unfinished reports are everywhere. Multiple pens scattered on the floor. Just how long were you sleeping? You lost track of the time. Right after you finished your second surgery, you headed to your office to fill in some datasheets of your patients, but you mindlessly dozed off. Since you failed to get a cup of coffee after you encountered Armin, you already expected something like this to happen.

"Someone's looking for you downstairs," Gabi said. "And uhm. . ."

She watched you pack your things. "You're going already, Doc?"

You nodded. "I will be back in the evening. Don't worry."

"Oh okay, but I want to give you this too."

Averting your gaze from your bag to look at the brown-haired teenager, you raised an eyebrow. She's handing out something.

A cup of coffee.

"From you?"

"No, from Doctor Ar—I mean, me! Yes, it's from me!"

You shrugged your shoulders before taking it even though it looks suspicious. After you bid goodbye to Gabi, you immediately headed downstairs only to see someone waiting for you. Looking at the clock, it's already five in the afternoon. You clicked your tongue, you're so timeless. How could you forget that today is such important for both of you?

The glass doors of the hospital automatically opened when you faced the scanner. You smiled, just looking at how beautiful he is with his tied-up hair and a pair of jeans. His hands are both hidden in his pants' pockets while his back. . .leaning on the car. He's even wearing the sweater you gave him.

"Where's your jacket?" He asked. "It's cold. Wear this."

That's when you noticed the snow falling.

You smiled, hugging the sweater. "Thank you, Eren."

The way he smiled at you before opening the car's door made your heart skip a beat. Today is your first anniversary with him and of course, you're both going to celebrate it.

"I'm sorry I'm still wearing my working clothes—"

"Don't worry." Eren caught your hand with his right while his left is holding the stirring wheel. He even kissed the back of your hand. Damn, his lips are so soft! With him not averting his gaze from the road, you can clearly study his facial features. With his long eyelashes, with his perfect-shaped nose, down to his jawline, his neck, to his—

"You're still beautiful, Y/N."

You chuckled, pinching his cheeks. "Cheesy!"

"I am not!"

"You are!"

The both of you kept teasing each other until you reached the restaurant. Unknown to you and your boyfriend, Eren, someone was watching as your car drove further from him. He intentionally clutched the empty cup of coffee with his hands before shaking his head. 5:30 and he has a scheduled surgery.