𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗦𝗜𝗫

OPERATION SIX 
listen to the song above while reading. i beg you.

"I hate it!"

On your whole life, you swore that the look you threw your Mom was the deadliest you can ever give. Your heart is burning with rage, sadness, and disappointment. Out of all people in your life that you do such a thing to you, it'll be your mother. The one who gave birth to you, the one who sheltered you, the one who inspired you to become a doctor. But she was also the one who caused you great pain.

You and Armin.

"I just. . ." Your mother trailed off, wiping the tears falling from her eyes. ". . .I just want the best for you—"

"But Armin. . ." You bit your lip. ". . .He was the best for me! But you have to ruin it all, Mom!"

The whole house was quiet. Not even your father can butt in the conversation. Nor the maids are too scared to even leave the kitchen. They remained silent, listening to your woes. They listened to your outburst—the pain you suppressed for six years. The time when Armin broke up with you, you never cried in front of your family. You never frowned. You smiled and cheered happily when you were with them as if everything was okay. You never complained.

You kept and solved all your problems alone. They never asked if you were okay. They never did because they knew that you should always be okay. They knew that you should only focus on your dreams—on what's in front of you.

"Ever since that day, I kept blaming Armin. I kept cursing him! I tried my best—to move on, to focus on being a doctor, to forget everything that happened in the past—even if I had to hurt other people in the process. Because of me. . ."

You clutched your shirt.

". . .because of me, Eren died!"

It was my fault.

"If I never showed him I was hurting, if I never showed him how pathetic I was, if I never let him fall in love with me, if I never agreed to be his girlfriend. . .he should still be here. He should still be here, Mom! I even lied to him. . .to myself—just to forget Armin."

It was all my fault.

"I tried. I swear to God, I tried! I tried to move on, but the day I met him in the hospital wearing the same uniform as I do, still wearing the kind look on his face, still wearing the perfume I gave him when we were young. . .it all came back! It all came back to me, Mom! The memories, the pain, his touches, his lips—everything! But I had to remind myself I had Eren."

Even if. . .

You slapped yourself. "Even if he knew that—"

 "Even if he knew that—"