𝗖𝗛𝗔𝗣𝗧𝗘𝗥 𝗘𝗜𝗚𝗛𝗧

OPERATION EIGHT 
guess who's back .

"What do you want?"

The calming atmosphere gives you an opposite demeanor. It annoys you—irritates you. How could he be so calm, so handsome, and a tease all at the same time?! Something like this should be illegal.

But what can you expect from an Armin Arlert?

"I don't want anything," You answered, crossing your arms against your chest. "Why did you suddenly ask me out for breakfast?"

Things like this aren't his forte. Even when the two of you were still together. Indoor dates were his type—cuddling, watching movies all day, or solving mathematical problems with a timer. Well, good old days. People change, time flies.

He looked at you with an innocent smile. "Nothing in particular. Can't I hang out with you—"

Why don't you hang out with Annie?

You rolled your eyes. "Two Belgian waffles for me. Caramel syrup."

"Noted," The blonde answered before calling for a waiter.

The way he raised his hand, the way his polo shirt hugs his body, the way his hair sway with the wind—you know it's all wrong to fawn over him like this. You were confused—do you still like him? Or it's just the seasonal urge? The two of you weren't in high school anymore. Flings, sparks, and other kinky shits for teenagers are over. It's time to think about the future—marriage, family, children.

"It's been so long since I shared a meal with you." Armin snapped you out of your thoughts.

You hummed. "Same."

"Are you mad?" He released a deep sigh. "Come on, Y/N. You've been like this since you met Annie—"

"Can you please stop talking about her?!" You clicked your tongue. "I don't care about Annie, and your relationship with her or whatever."

"I knew it."

You raised an eyebrow. "Knew what?"

"You were jealous."

You took a glass of water placed in front of you, aiming to calm your nerves down. There's no way in hell you'd be jealous of a girl.

"I am no—"

But Armin was too swift to catch your wrist, swift enough to control the water from pouring out of the glass. There, he stared at you, face placed inches before yours. You were too shocked to move a muscle, and you can feel your cheeks slowly burning. What's this feeling? Why is your heart suddenly beating so loud? You never ran a marathon before, but it felt like the beating organ inside your chest is about to explode.

"You are."

You tried to blink, but the sight was too beautiful to look away. Why is his face so close? Why is he staring at you like that?! But why can't you push him away?

"A-Armin—"

"Look me in the eye and tell me you're not jealous, I dare you."

You bit your lip as your eye caught how his Adam's apple moved up and down when he swallowed his saliva. Damn.