𝗢𝗣𝗘𝗥𝗔𝗧𝗜𝗢𝗡 𝗙𝗜𝗩𝗘

OPERATION FIVE 
happy  2k+  reads  to  this  book !!

"Y/N. . ."

You hugged your knees tighter, fighting the urge to bury your head into it and cry your eyes out again. You're about to get dehydrated. Though, you asked yourself, "What should I do aside from crying?"

You basically don't know where and how to start again. Maybe it's just fate―that things are slowly being taken away from you, people around you are slowly leaving you. It hurts so much, but you're about to get used to it. It shouldn't be that way, but what can you do? You're just human. A mere doctor. You're not God.

You can't revive Eren anymore.

We're not in some fantasy story wherein you can finish a quest, get some inhuman superpowers, and bring back your loved one's life. Reality doesn't work that way. We can't baby ourselves anymore in such unrealistic stories. Let's face―we need to face what's really in front of us.

Armin sat beside you, looking at Eren's name carved on a tombstone. Who would've thought that his best friend's dream would just go away like that? Who would've thought that the boy who sought freedom is now gone?

No, no―Eren just gained freedom. This is what he's looking for in the first place.

"Don't you want to go home?"

You shook your head, lifting your head. "Tell me, Armin. . ."

The surgeon looked at you and watched how tears mindlessly stream down your face. "What?"

"Why did you leave me before?"

He bit his lip. He never gave any proper explanation yet, right? Armin looked away―at the sea, not too far from where you are. He has to say it. He needs to say it so that the both of you can finally move on from the past and finally face the present. This is the only way.

"I. . ."

[ FLASHBACK ]

[ FLASHBACK ]

"I. . ."

"How much?"

Armin looked at Y/N's mother standing in front of him as she slammed a stack of cash on his desk. The blonde boy was startled, surprised. What is happening? What is this? His eyes were stuck on the money which was almost slapped on his face.