7-Conclusions

--Sydney's POV--

"By the way," Louis said, as we walked back to the rest of the guys, "my middle name's William." I smiled at him.

"Mine's Marie, for what it matters," I said, taking a moment to look around. "Run." He looked at me, confused.

"What?"

"Run!" I said, and grabbed his hand, pulling him behind me as I took off running. I was doing way too much of that lately. Just then the screams broke lose, and he started running too.

"This is what I was talking about!" He shouted to me. "I hate running!"

"Tell me about it!" I replied, trying not to face plant as I skidded around a corner. We practically dove past security.

"Do you ever get used to that?" I asked, once I caught my breath again.

"It's sort of fantastic, but in some ways it's the worst part, losing the anonymity of just being a regular person." He replied.

"Where were you guys?" Niall asked, handing me a water.

"Not sure. I spent most of it running, though, so I don't want to do it again," I replied.

"Seconded," Louis said. "I'm not so much as looking at your phone again." I laughed.

"Nice to know you got something good out of sprinting like a maniac," I said jokingly.

"Yeah, you could call it that," he said, rolling his eyes. Niall glanced between the two of us almost suspiciously, then positioned himself carefully between Louis and myself. I wouldn't have usually picked up on something like that, but now that Louis told me that Niall likes me, it seemed so obvious.

His arm also situated itself around me, and it was my natural instinct to lean closer. Did that mean I liked him, even though I didn't even realize it? Louis pointedly raised an eyebrow at me as I did, then stood up, walking over to Harry and whispering something to him.

At that point, I was analyzing my every action around Niall, trying to decide if I subconsciously knew I liked him before I consciously figured anything out. I bit my lip softly, staring at nothing, trying to determine the motive by my unnatural laziness prompting him to carry me so often. Niall nudged my arm softly with the hand he hand around me.

"You okay? You look lost in thought." He said softly. I smiled at him.

"Just thinking," I said, smiling at him.

"Nothing.. Dark, right?" He asked hesitantly. I almost laughed, but knew that wouldn't be appropriate, so just shook my head.

"Nothing like that. Just, this week has been so hectic, in the best way possible, don't get me wrong, but I haven't had much time just to think." He smiled at that.

"That's not a bad thing, every now and then. Keeps you from over-thinking things." He said simply. I paused, thinking about that. Maybe that's exactly what I was doing right now.

"Maybe you're right," I said, looking up at him and smiling softly. His gaze flicked down from my eyes to my lips. I couldn't help but copy his motions, looking down to his. I wasn't going to make the first move, though. Sure, it was easy when it didn't mean anything, but when it did-or it might, at least-it was just not going to happen. He just barely started leaning down when Louis spoke.

"Smile!" He said, holding up his phone. Just like that the trace broke, and we both blushed, turning to face him. "Aw, so cute," he snickered.

"Aw, so gay," I shot back, and he threw a pillow pet at me. "Thanks for proving my point," I said, and stuck my tongue out at him. It wasn't lost on me how Niall's arm tightened almost imperceptibly around my waist, and I leaned back into him once more, keeping my arms around the pillow pet.

"Kids, behave," Liam said jokingly. Louis and I exchanged a look, then I threw the pillow pet at Liam. Niall laughed at our antics, hesitantly wrapped his other arm around me as well. It felt... Comfortable. I rested my hands on top of his, and he almost jerked his away until he realized what I was doing. I didn't turn around, but I could just feel him smiling at me. None of the guys commented on it, but Louis smirked pointedly at me.

"So, where's the hotel we're staying at?" Zayn asked, looking at Paul.

"Not far from your next show. They're getting everything set up now," Paul said, looking at his phone.

"How much longer?" Louis whined, earning him a soft smack from Harry.

"Probably not long, but it's not going to be instantaneous if that's what you mean," Paul said, rolling his eyes. Niall rested his chin on my shoulder, leaning forward to softly kiss my cheek.

"Promise you're doing okay?" He asked in a soft whisper, completely ignoring the current conversation.

"Promise," I whispered back, squeezing his hands.

"Good. I don't want to lose you, Sydney." I smiled a little.

"You won't."