10- Dancing in the Rain

--Sydney's POV--

Niall didn't let go of me for the rest of the day, arranging for him to miss the one concert, which was by far the kindest thing anyone's ever done for me. He didn't say anything about it, but I knew he was furious with the way my mom spoke to me. I was used to it, though. It only hurt because I'd spent so long with the boys, who'd been nothing but kind to me. The rest of the boys wanted to stay with us as well, but I couldn't let them do that, it was bad enough that I was making Niall stay.

"Hey love," Niall said to me quietly, while we waited for the boys to come back. "Do you want to go buy a new phone, seeing as I wrecked this one?" He asked, looking at the pile of glass on the bedside.

"I haven't got any money," I whispered, cuddling into his arms.

"I'd buy it for you, silly. It's my fault anyway," he said lightheartedly.

"I couldn't ask you to do that. They're way too expensive," I protested weakly.

"Babe, spending a couple hundred to get my girlfriend a new phone literally won't make a dent in my bank account," he said, chuckling. I blushed.

"I forgot I'm dating a multimillionaire," I said, teasing him a little. His while demeanor brightened at my small smile.

"I'm never letting you forget. I hope you're prepared to be showered in gifts. The phone is first." He said, and pulled me out of bed, into his arms.

"Are you sure..?" I asked hesitantly. He kissed my nose.

"Very. You deserve the world, love. I'll be damned if I don't do my best to give you just that." He said, his voice unwavering. I pulled him into a tight hug, not saying anything, just silently showing my appreciation. He kissed my head. "Let's go," he said, and started pulling me out the door. I giggled.

"Niall we're in pajamas," I said, but he didn't stop.

"You look gorgeous. Besides, you need a phone, so I'm gonna get you a phone. Simple." I laughed again, and followed him to the nearest mall, rushing into an Apple store. "Hi can we get an iPhone 6+ in silver please," Niall practically ordered the first employee he saw.

"Sure, um, will that be all?" The poor guy asked, shuffling uncomfortably.

"Nah we need you to transfer stuff from here to it, and we'll take a case." Niall said, pulling out my shattered phone. "You can go pick a case, love. I'll handle this," he said, as the guy went into the back to get the phone and transfer all my information.

"Okay," I said softly, untangling my fingers from his and going to look at cases. I picked a sleek blue life proof case, then went back to Niall, who was checking the phone to make sure everything was there.

"All set, love?" He asked, looking at me and smiling. I nodded shyly, and he tugged me closer, setting the case on the counter and wrapping an arm around my waist. "This is it," he clarified for the worker, who rang it up.

Niall handed him a couple bills without blinking, while I was still gawking at the number. With my new phone securely in my pocket, we walked outside to find out it was pouring. A ridiculous grin lit up Niall's face, and he looked at me hopefully.

"Dance with me?" He asked, holding a hand out to me. Before I could talk myself out of it, I nodded, grabbing his hand. He pulled me into the center of the street, one of his hands settling on my waist, the other still holding my hand. I rested my other hand on his shoulder, smiling shyly up at him.

"I hope you know I don't know how to waltz," I said over the thundering rain. His grin brightened.

"Neither do I." With that, we started dancing. He seemed to have more of an idea of what he was doing, so I let him lead, not caring that we were both soaking wet in the middle of the street while he was supposed to be performing. He hummed softly, leaning closer to me, so his forehead was resting against mine. "I hope you never forget how beautiful you are," he said honestly, and I blushed a little.

"Thank you, for today. I'm sorry if I've been horrible, it's just hard with my mom.." I couldn't finish, I was already trying not to cry. Thankfully, he picked up on it and kissed me softly.

"Hey, I don't mind. In fact, this is heaven compared to a rooftop," he said gently. "This is heaven compared to a lot, love. You've done nothing wrong, I promise. You're absolutely perfect, and nothing will ever convince me otherwise." I shifted my arms to wrap around his neck, hugging him tightly. He kissed my head, hugging me as well.

"Thank you, so much," I mumbled over and over to him, nuzzling into him for warmth. "We should head back before we both get sick," I said, looking at the rain that showed no sign of stopping. He smiled a little, and pecked my lips.

"You're worth it, but you're also right. C'mon," He squeezed my hand as we started walking back, but a single girl was by the corner, and her face lit up when she saw us.

"Niall?" She asked hopefully. I nudged him, saying it was alright if we saw her. "Am I interrupting like a date night? If I am I'm so sorry," she said, and I smiled a little.

"No, it's perfectly alright, you're not interrupting. What's your name?" I asked, smiling gently at her. She introduced herself as Ariel, and Niall signed something for her, and took a picture, then she looked at me.

"I'm sorry, I didn't get your name," she said, blushing a little.

"It's fine, I'm Sydney. Besides, he's the famous one," I said teasingly, and he kissed my cheek slyly. Ariel smiled.

"You take care of her," she said, looking sternly at Niall.

"I'd never dream of doing anything else," Niall said honestly, wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Good. You two are adorable together. Have a good night," she said, saving as she walked off. We waved back, then continued to the hotel. We got a couple of strange looks at the front desk, as we were still soaking, but it didn't matter. I actually felt.. Happy. Which seemed impossible, after my family, but I did.

"Thank you again." I said, once we'd changed into dry clothes and had gotten into bed. "You managed to do what I would've considered impossible two weeks ago." I said, leaning my head against his chest.

"What's that?" He asked, stroking my hair.

"Given me a reason to look forward to waking up." He didn't respond, just kissed me firmly.

I think I got the message, though.

~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: thanks for being there for me Sydney ily