9- Relapsing

--Sydney's POV--

"Sydney, love, you've got to get up," Niall's voice said softly in my ear. I groaned a little, turning to face him and pouting.

"Five more minutes?" He laughed, and kissed my forehead gently.

"Sorry, love, I've given you five more minutes three times, you've really got to get up now." He said, lightly rubbing my arm. I laced my fingers through his and sighed.

"Fine. Do you guys have sound check soon?" He nodded.

"Yeah, and I was hoping you'd come with us." He said, grinning shyly.

"Alright, since I'm up. How long until we leave?" I asked, sitting up slowly.

"About an hour. I wasn't sure how long you'd want to wake yourself up." He said, and I laughed.

"More like time to make myself look relatively humanoid," I said, and he kissed me firmly.

"You're always beautiful. Don't ever think otherwise." He said, his eyes not wavering from mine.

"You're too sweet," I mumbled, blushing. He kissed my nose.

"Only for you." I blushed again, and hugged him tightly.

"I'm gonna go shower." I said, standing up.

"What do you want for breakfast?" He asked. "I'll order room service while you shower."

"Um, whatever's fine." I said, blushing again. He smiled at me.

"Alright." I quickly slid into the bathroom, showering as quickly as possible. Once I stepped out, I released that I had nothing to wear. Niall knocked softly at the bathroom door, and I quickly wrapped my towel around myself and opened it.

"Hey, I didn't really want to go bug Louis and Harry to get some of your clothes, so you can borrow some of mine if you want," he offered, and I smiled.

"You actually read my mind." I kissed his cheek softly, and took the clothes. I pulled on the pair of sweats he gave me the first night I stayed with him, and his American flag tank top, before blow drying my hair as well as I could. Their dryer was rather horrible and my hair's quite thick.

"Food's here," Niall said through the door. I ran my fingers through it, easily pulling it back into a pony tail, then stepped out, sitting down beside Niall on the bed.

"Yum, pancakes," I said, grinning at him, just in time to see him snap a picture of me. I covered my face, laughing.

"What is it with you guys and taking pictures of me?" I asked, blushing.

"You look adorable in my clothes. Who else was taking pictures of you?" He asked, confused.

"Louis took like eight of us together yesterday," I said. Niall laughed.

"Really? I thought he only took the one?" He said, and I shook my head.

"That was just the only one he announced. And it wasn't even the one he posted." Niall pouted.

"He posted them? But I wanted to be the first one to tell everyone about you!" He said, and I laughed a little.

"I don't think he tagged me in them, so as far as anyone knows I'm just some girl." I said with a shrug, and he frowned.

"You're a lot more than just some girl, love, and everyone needs to know that." He said, tapping something out on his phone.

"You're sweet," I said simply, slowly digging into the pancakes. He smiled, and caught my hand, kissing my fingertips. I smiled shyly, blushing at the affection. My phone buzzed, and I checked it, still smiling, only to have it slide off my face. I felt like my entire soul just was crushed at a single text.

You're such a whore. He'd never love someone as disgusting as you.

"Sydney? Love, what's wrong?" He asked, abandoning the food to hold me tightly to his chest. I simply buried my face in his neck, letting him read the text. "How dare your mother say something like that? How could-" he was too furious to even finish his sentence, throwing my phone across the room.

I vaguely heard it hit the wall and shatter, but it was drowned by my mother's voice shouting that over and over in my head. I felt like I was suffocating in it, like it was slowly cutting me away from the world. I could almost physically feel depression hit me again like a truck. It'd stayed just out of sight the past week, now it was all I could see, and I was terrified.

Niall kissing me urgently brought me to the real world, but I knew it couldn't last forever.

"You know that not a word of it is true, right? Sydney, look at me, please," he begged. I didn't want to. I didn't want him to see me like this. He forcefully met my eyes, and I could almost see his heart breaking. "You're perfect, Sydney," he said, his voice quivering, "a blind man could see that." I just shook my head slowly.

"I don't want to go to sound check anymore," I whispered, trying desperately to hold back tears. "You can go without me."

"Fuck sound check," he said, not missing a beat. "You're more important." At that I just completely broke down, sobbing desperately into his chest. He just hugged me, gently rocking, and kissed the top of my head. "You're not alone anymore, Sydney," he whispered. "You don't have to suffer alone."

~~~~~~
A/N: sorry it's a lil short my head started hurting and this seemed a good place to end.