12-The End

--Sydney's POV--

I was sitting on our balcony when I realized what day it was. April ninth. A day after the expiration of our deal. That would explain why Niall was being especially overwhelming with the gifts for me these past few days, the rest of the boys as well. I sighed, sliding my legs through the gaps in the bars and leaning my head against the bar in the middle, looking out over the city.

A month ago today, I would've jumped the railing without a second thought. Now, I looked on the sunset, and all I thought about was the colors, not becoming part of them. I heard footsteps coming up behind me, and Niall sat down beside me, smiling shyly.

"Hi," he whispered.

"Hi." I reached over, squeezing his hand, and his expression softened as he leaned over and kissed my cheek. "It's April ninth," I said.

"Almost April tenth," he commented, tracing patterns over my arm.

"You could've kicked me out yesterday." He looked up, alarmed.

"Never. You're my world, Sydney, my everything." He said passionately, pressing an urgent kiss to my hand. I smiled, moving slightly so I could lean against him.

"I didn't really think you would, but you still could've. Thank you for everything," I whispered, and kissed his cheek.

"Thank you for staying with me," he responded, gently running his fingers through my hair.

"I don't know where I'd be without you," I said honestly. Sure, the logical assumption was six feet under, but he was right when he said a small part of me wanted to live, so I'm not too sure about that.

"I don't know where I'd be without you, either. I meant it when I said you're my world," he said, and I blushed, wrapping my arms around his neck. He pulled me to his chest, pressing a light kiss to my lips.

"Good thing we found each other, then," I whispered, and he smiled, hugging me gently.

"Very good thing. Now, c'mon, let's go back inside." I nodded, letting him guide me by the hand back into our room, and we laid down side by side, his arm draped over my waist.

"Do you want me to stay on tour with you guys?" I asked, brushing my fingers through his faux blond hair.

"No I want you to leave and never come back." He said, sarcasm dripping from his words. I pouted.

"I thought I was supposed to be the sassy, sarcastic one," I said, and he smiled, kissing me lightly.

"Looks like I've been spending too much time with Louis," he said, chuckling. "Which is strange seeing as he spends all his time with his boyfriend."

"Have they made it official yet?" I asked curiously. Louis hadn't said anything to me if they had.

"No one but the two of them know, but we're pretty sure they have. They're too lovey-dovey to not be official." I laughed, smiling at the thought.

"Are we super lovey-dovey too?" I wondered aloud. Niall smiled at me.

"How could someone not be with someone as adorable as you," he said, and rolled on to his back, pulling me on to his chest.

"But are we Larry lovey-dovey?" I insisted.

"I think we've got a bit more self control than them. I swear to god they get so jealous so easily and they don't know how to stop staring at each other. They're gonna come out and at least half the fandom is going to just be like 'well it took you fucking long enough' because they look at each other like they want to rip off each other's clothes." He ranted, shaking his head.

"I like the way we are," I said decidedly, and pecked his lips.

"Good, I do too. Plus, I read somewhere that if your partner tries to get you to change its unhealthy." He said, and I whacked his chest lightly.

"You're a dumbass," I said, laughing.

"Yet you still love me," he said teasingly.

"Sometimes I have to wonder why," I said back, and he pouted.

"Not nice. I think you should have to kiss me for that." He said cheekily.

"Oh do you?" He nodded, then grinned at me, pulling me into a sweet kiss, keeping his hands lightly around my waist as his lips moved slowly down my neck.

"Hey are you guys good to go? We need to leave like now!" Louis' voice called outside the door, followed by a giggle that sounded distinctly Harry-like.

"Dammit," Niall breathed, pulling away from my neck reluctantly.

"Relax," I mumbled, kissing his cheek once more. "We've got all your together, remember?" He grinned at me, sitting up with me still in his lap.

"And after tour. You're definitely moving in with me." I'm not going to lie, my breath caught in my throat. He liked me that much? "I'm not letting you get away from me," he mumbled at my expression, blushing slightly. I kissed him firmly.

"I love you." He grinned widely, lifting me up bridal style.

"I love you too. So you'll move in with me?" I nodded. "Good." He nodded to himself, looking proud, and I just laughed, tapping his shoulder to get him to put me down.

"If you're going to carry me I'm gonna be on your back, it's weird when you carry me like this in public." He pouted.

"But then I can't see your beautiful face." I laughed.

"Ever the charmer. Still, though, I like it better when you carry me on your back in public." He obliged, lifting me easily on to his back.

"Whatever M'lady wants," he said sarcastically, but I could still see him smile as I leaned my chin on his shoulder.

"Nope, we're a unit. Whatever we want." I corrected.

"I like that. This. Us." I smiled.

"I like it too."

__________

A/N: that's it! I said short story and 12 parts is pretty long for a short story so woohoo! Let me know what you think!!