Chapter 6. Uphill then gutter.

Flara, capital of the Eastern Continent, 3 days after the alert, one of the royal guards PV:

The king was sleeping on his throne again. It was a long day for everyone, the nobles of the capital all came here to ask for more money or power for whatever reason. Since we stopped our assault on the demons these guys who only sit here, doing absolutely nothing, got too cocky, believing that they can do anything they want. Recently, rumors were going around about some noble who want the throne for themselves. Of course, these were just rumors, no one is so stupid to attack the king who is in direct descended of one the greatest hero!

Man, I wish I had a hero in my family! If you have at least a drop of their blood, you are set for an easy life! Also, you get some sweet power, making you super strong!

The doors of the throne room suddenly swung open, waking up the king. A group of well-dressed people came in led by the young prince, Joshua.

"Father we have a great crisis! I and the ones behind me received a message from the Gods!"

The king, who waked up from his slumber looked at them still half asleep.

"Really? And what did the Gods say to you?" his voice was as if he was talking to a 5-year-old.

This type of thing happened more often than it should. Sometimes an idiot gets in his head that he was chosen by the gods and decided to ask the king to give him findings for the noble quest or whatnot. Sometimes the king gives them some support for fun and till now none of them seemed real. It was a matter of time the young prince does the same thing, Really, since he was born he was surrounded by greedy nobles that wanted him ridiculed.

"There is a greatly dangerous monster lurking in a city far away from here and we need to stop it before anything happens! The gods themselves told me in my dreams!"

"A monster, you say... Tell me, do you know the name of the city or the monster you want to kill? How strong is it, do you need additional soldiers, or do you want to do this solo? And maybe the most important: Which god gave you this message?"

The last one was a trap. The gods have special names that have special properties. When pronounced no lie can be spoken. Even if someone isn't aware of their lie they are unable to pronounce them. This method is the basis of all trials and oaths.

The young prince studs there firmly and said with a determined voice.

"It's the goddess Astera herself who talked to me. She was made out of light and she told me that in the city of Palanda there is a being that must be killed before it can grow."

Hearing the name of the Queen of gods the king immediately woke up, with a hint of fear on its face.

"Palanda... Yes, I remember, it's around a month to get there even if you hurry. I know the lord of that place, a good friend of mine. I will send a message to inform him of your arrival. Who will you bring with you?"

"Selma and Belinda are coming with me. I also want to hire some of the local adventurers there to have greater mobility in the town."

"A Priestess and a Master Witch? Isn't that too much? We are not sure if the beast you are talking about is even an adult yet. Some soldiers must be enough..."

"No father, we need to be strong and decisive to be sure that this threat. And because of this that I will take some Holy Objects with us."

"Holy objects?! Have you gone mad?!"

The king's surprise could be understood. Blessed objects, objects that have inherited their user's skills when they died were rare enough, but Holy Objects were more. Created when a hero died this formidable object could level mountains to nothingness, dry seas to their last drop, or things even more insane.